"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Sunday, May 03, 2009

SHOW AND TELL: Wings Over Wayne

Last weekend, we went down to my parents' house. On Saturday, the boys, my dad, and I went out to Seymour Johnson AFB for their annual air show, Wings Over Wayne. We all had a fabulous time and I got some awesome pictures (most of the pics are clickable to larger views).

Grandpa Mick and the boys; my dad



eating lunch in the shade under the C-5

the Sea Knight helicopter

B2 Stealth Bomber

Seymour Johnson Strike Eagle Demo Team









Poor little boy was exhausted by the heat and his late night

****************************************

To see what everyone else in class is bringing to SHOW AND TELL, take a trip to visit the Miss Mel, Goddess of the Infertility Blogosphere.

****************************************

And, don't forget to go by my Etsy shop and buy a hat to support the Liz Logelin Foundation. All the details can be found in Show & Tell post from 3 weeks ago.

****************************************

Finally, to help Kym and all future Sock-It-To-Me participants, I am going to set up a sock site database. It will probably just be in a post here but the info will be available to all. Please EMAIL ME (yes, use that link...not any other email address you have for me...using this link will keep all the emails together) and give me a link to the site you bought the socks from and any review of the site you might have.

15 comments:

'Murgdan' said...

Cool. Looks like a fun day!

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Reed was looking as I read your post and he is JEALOUS!

Very nice way to spend a day.

princessoftides said...

How fun!

Shelly- Mom Files said...

Niice!!! Looks like a fun day despite the heat. Your dad looks mighty young ;) I love the eating lunch under the shade shot the best! Thanks for sharing :)

Anonymous said...

What a great day! Is it me, or do your boys all resemble each other?

one-hit_wonder said...

Looks like fun!

..al said...

Oh how much fun was that!!! Totally cool...The last photo where Gabe got all tired and slept on your shoulder...is beautiful....

AnotherDreamer said...

Great photos! It looks like it was fun!

Carrie27 said...

Looks like you all had a great time, and I'm sure everyone was beat by the time they got home.

Anonymous said...

A great way to spend a day so fun !

Cara said...

I've said it before...You guys do the coolest stuff!!!

The Steadfast Warrior said...

I love the lunch photo. Awesome. Definitely looked like a great day!

Beautiful Mess said...

Great pictures! Looks like you all had a ball. I can't wait to go to an airshow this summer.

Meari said...

What a fun day!! The weather was really nice, too.

*Tanyetta* said...

Grandpa Mick looks like he's the coolest ever :)

Smart thinking for catching shade under the wing!

Great photos and I love love Airshows too!