"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Monday, May 18, 2009

And they call him Cheesus...

From the CBS station in the Dallas/Fort Worth area...

"Dallas Couple Sees Jesus Inside Cheese Snack

Beth Wagner
DALLAS (CBS 11 News) ―Many people have seen and heard about the likeness of Jesus turning up in unlikely places. Now, one North Texas family says they found Jesus in a cheese snack.

Dan Bell found his vision of Jesus last week at the gas station. "We were leaving town. I stopped by to fill up with gas and bought some snacks."

Inside a 99-cent bag of Cheetos brand cheese snacks, Dan and his wife Sara found something unique.

Sara recalls the discovery. "I was putting them in my hand and I had eaten most of the ones in my hand, and one was left lying there. And I said, 'Oh my gosh, look at this. It really looks like a person in a robe praying.'"

Dan looked over. "I said, 'Wow, it does look like a praying Jesus.'"

The couple nicknamed it "Cheesus."

"Cheesus" is about two inches tall. Despite missing a right arm, the Bells see a body, hair, robe and even a tiny face.

They say it is a reminder of their blessings from God; but primarily they think it's a funny Cheeto.

Various incarnations of "Cheesus" have shown up before; in Houston, Missouri and on the internet site YouTube.

The Bells' Cheeto ended up on the front page of the Preston Hollow newspaper. The big question, what to do with it now?

Dan says his first reaction was, "Let's put this on eBay. How much do you think we should ask for it? It could be 25 cents, could be 25 dollars. If it's only 25 cents, we're just going to eat it."

For now, they are keeping "Cheesus" in a plastic box."

I thought the whole thing was hysterical. I mean its odd enough to see Jesus in your food but to call it "Cheesus"....Bwahahahahahahahahaha! And, when I read "How much do you think we should ask for it? It could be 25 cents, could be 25 dollars. If it's only 25 cents, we're just going to eat it." Yeah, first you see the Lord in it and then you eat it. You simply can NOT imagine comedy this bizarrely hysterical. Do you think its in the cheese? After all, its not that long ago that the Virgin Mary appeared to us in a grilled cheese sandwich. *See, we've had it wrong for years. When we take communion, its not the bread we should be eating (avoid the carbs). We should be eating cheese (yay fatty goodness).

*I know, I know, I'm probably riding the direct elevator to hell for this one but it was too funny not to say.
**Edited to add picture that Rys requested

14 comments:

GeekByMarriage said...

Dani and I have a condo reserved in hell. Do you want a room?

When will someone see Jesus or Mary in a post drinking binge poop? I'm waiting for that day!

..al said...

Is this funny or is this funny...but I can't laugh any more coz I read some serious weird shit almost every other day...

You know, there was a particular day when all statues of Ganesa were drinking milk! Stone, Steel, Marble, Stone, any material, God was on a drinking binge!

rys said...

Too bad there wasn't a pic of that!

Meari said...

How "cheezy", LOL

The Maven said...

Haha! Cheesus. You totally made my day.

battynurse said...

Ok, I'm laughing hysterically at the last line about the direct elevator to hell. Honey I'm sure I'm right there with you.
My first though when I read this was sell it on ebay. Cause you know there has got to be some goofy person out there that's willing to pay hundreds for it.
I love it. Cheesus.

Alana said...

ROFL....Cheesus! TOO TOO funny. Thanks for making me giggle! :)

Carrie27 said...

I love that they are going to eat it, if it doesn't go for much. Bwahahha!!!

Dora said...

Too funny! Mmmm, cheese. Damn, reflux!

Beautiful Mess said...

AHAHAHAHA!!! I'm going to straight to hell with a jet pack on, want a ride? And yes, Heather is right, we do have a condo. Something to think about...Anyway...Cheesus?! Really?! Good Lord...lol

Anonymous said...

To me it looks like the geico caveman

Barb said...

Oh. My. God. Crazy.

Anonymous said...

lmao @ cheesus yeah I'm on the direct flight to hell to ..but really .. its a cheeto..eat it.. EAT IT ! hehehe

Bean said...

Yeah, first you see the Lord in it and then you eat it. You simply can NOT imagine comedy this bizarrely hysterical.What, you've never taken Communion? body of Christ, and all...