"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Dear Tivo...

Lately you've been taking advantage of out long term relationship and you've turned into a bitchy little tease. Yes, I frequently come to you expecting to utilize your resources but I also supply you with a wide variety of stimulation and content to amuse yourself with. How do you repay my long term faithfulness and love? You tease me and taunt me. Last night I came to you to watch the season finale of one of my guilty pleasures and was happy to see it up on the screen. But, when I clicked through, what to my disbelief did appear? The only thing present was the LAST FRAKKING MINUTE of American Idol...not even the phone numbers. You broke my heart. Please understand that this betrayal necessitates a brief fling with watch-American-Idol.com

Sincerely, Kristin

9 comments:

Shelly- Mom Files said...

oh no! Sorry your Tivo let you down :(

Carrie27 said...

I would have been mortified if my dvr had done the same. I have shows that I just can't stay up to watch, and also look forward to viewing them on the dvr.

If you didn't need tivo, then I would say kick it's butt, but you don't want to piss it off even more ;-)

Anonymous said...

Oh nooooooooo I love tivo but that is soo flipping frustrating!

Beautiful Mess said...

Oh nooooooooooooo! maybe your Tivo is having PMS? Feed her chocolate!

Serendipity said...

our dvr ramdomly decides to tape shows we have never watched in the place of shows we want to watch! I'm always so thankful for the internet.

battynurse said...

Oh man I hate when that happens. It's enough to push me into a total tantrum that has the animals looking at me like I have 2 heads or something.

Missy said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I agree that Adam is more talented, but Kris was more my style. Does that make me a tween?

Alana said...

LOL. I relate to this----we've had really crappy weather here lately, which has caused our satellite to fritz on and off. Only part of my "Dancing with the Stars" finale was recorded. Thank goodness for abc.com

:)

*Tanyetta* said...

oh no!!! that's a shame!! i'm sorry!!