"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Friday, May 01, 2009

How to find peace of mind...

play in the dirt or bake some bread. I did both over the past few days. I transferred a lot of my seedlings to larger containers because I won't be able plant them until next week. I changed this...



Into this...

I also made homemade honey wheat hoagie rolls. We sliced roast beef and had a most delicious dinner the other night.



What do you do to calm down when you are frustrated or upset about something?

****************************************

Check out Dora's Pay It Forward Friday Post. One of you may be able to help.

16 comments:

AnotherDreamer said...

Way to release the aggression.

I do home repairs or yard work, lol. Hands on stuff that requires little in the way of logistics, and more physical thoughts.

princessoftides said...

Yum, wanna come bake bread at my house? :)

Dora said...

Ummm, eat chocolate! :-)

Dora said...

BTW, that bread looks sooooo yummy!

Alana said...

Wow! The plants look great, and the bread looks so delicious!

I like to drive around and sing, sing, sing!

Beautiful Mess said...

Great job! I got for a walk and try to take in my surroundings.

The Maven said...

Lovely!

I like to clean. Having a clean house (which is almost never the case) makes me feel a little more relaxed. I also watch funny movies.

That bread looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

for me, it's (trying to) escape to my bedroom, have a lay down and read for awhile. It almost never lasts long as my daughter always comes in to cheer me up - even if she is sometimes the cause of my frustration!
You'll have to take some pics of the meals you create when you eventually get to use all the vegies you've planted!

Little Miss Flossy said...

Yum, those rolls look GOOD! I used to go for a run when I was mad but now I take it out on bread dough LOL

Shelly- Mom Files said...

Niiice!!!! You are a true gardener since you were brave enough to start with actual seeds. Not me, I bought plants because my seeds never really grow for some reason. Your bread looks like it came from a bakery. You rockin momma!!!

chicklet said...

Holy crap, that's a bunch of work with the planting! For me, my outlets are running (to vent and get my head out of the stressed place), or "organizing" which could mean anything from cleaning out a closet to tidying the house to re-org'ing where stuff goes cuz I hate where it lives now.

Ollie said...

I'm jealous of your homemade bread. Those are some mighty cute little seedlings!

Carrie27 said...

Those are some big plants! Great job!

To calm myself down, I either talk on the phone or stare at useless tv.

Barefoot said...

Cooking and gardening are big for me, too. Baking, not so much -- could probably use a lesson from you!

Happy weekend!

Chris said...

Crank the radio and sing at the top of my lungs.

Meari said...

Your bread looks yummy!