"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Friday, May 01, 2009

The Quotable Quotidian

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass...it is about learning to dance in the rain." I ran across this quote earlier in the week and it really resonated with me. I have no clue who originally said it...even Google wasn't much help there.

When you are immersed in the world of infertility, it is so easy to get wrapped up in the minutiae of the battle you are fighting. It is so easy to say, "When this is finally over, everything will be ok." But, when we get wrapped up in that outlook, our life and our world can narrow until all it is is the battle. When that happens, life becomes very bleak indeed. However, if we can learn to recognize the bright spots, the good moments, and the blessings that do enter our life even during the darkest storm, it becomes much easier to hold things together until the storm is gone. I think we all need to learn to dance in the rain.

5 comments:

Carrie27 said...

Well-said! I'll dance in the rain, but without some lightning ;)

Shelly- Mom Files said...

you always want to try make people think don't you ;) I really hope you have a great weekend and I pray Vic gets some good people who want to work to help ease things up for him. I mean that with all sincerity since I have been in your shoes before. Keep your head up!

Beautiful Mess said...

I love it! It makes me want to dance int he rain! Although, I'd really like the warm sun today, so how about the sprinkler? Will that work?

Arian said...

Very cool! I actually have seen this quote several times and I really like it. It always makes me think back to my grandmother's house. She always let us go out and play and dance in the rain. I miss being that carefree.

Anonymous said...

So very true.