"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Totally Useless Update for May

Like I said last month, I'm participating in the Totally Useless Stitchathon. The whole purpose of this is to collect all the orts (small pieces of floss, thread, yarn, or other fibers) that you trim off your stitching projects over the year. You can collect them in the see through container of your choice and, by the end of the year, you have a colorful and possibly artistic representation of your year's activity. I still think that when we get closer to the end of the year, I will buy some clear glass ornaments to put the orts in.

I filled up the first jar and started on a a second one...


And I also made this cute little love bird, It only took about 4 hours...

9 comments:

Beautiful Mess said...

Aww the love bird is too cute. It looks really soft and snuggly. Your jars are getting really full!
*HUGS*

Shelly- Mom Files said...

wow how neat! I think the clear glass ornaments would be cool to put you little bits in. you are so talented!

battynurse said...

That's very cute. Also a neat idea for the scraps of yarn and stuff.

Carrie27 said...

Ornaments would be cool! Cheap Xmas gift too!

Delenn said...

That is so flipping cute--and looks really cuddly!

Missy said...

That's a cool idea! I'm going to try that with my projects.

ICLW

Meari said...

That bird looks so cuddly!

In Due Time said...

Cute! I'm coming over for lessons. lol

Yoyo said...

The bird is faboulous!!!! And WOW, two jars, that's a first. I have 3 clear and empty ornaments I think I should mail them to you because your orts look so bumpy and cute (LOL).