"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Thursday, May 28, 2009

What the *#$%^*$* did I just spend 2 hours reading...

or How LFCA Caused Me To Lose 2 Hours

I was sitting around tonight trying to be a good little blogger. I went by LFCA (Lost and Found and Connections Abound) to check out all the goings on in the ALI community and I got sucked in. Of course, I had to check out the Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day (it's brilliant and insightful, check it out). Once I did that I thought, "Ya know, I should go by the Kirtsy home page and see how high on the Top Stories list this ALI post got." And that is when I got hopelessly lost. I saw *all these nifty amusing links and one of them led to an article about Star Trek on Cracked.com...and that led to an article on Bad-ass Cartoon Villians Who Lost to Retarded Heroes...which led to famous characters you didn't know were rip-offs...and of course I had to read about CGI boobs...and somehow I found a link to a list of Star Treks most ridiculous alien races where I found a link to a really funny Star Trek article...and how about the 20 Worst Ideas for a Prequel...and 7 Completely Unrealistic Movie Plots (That Actually Came True)...but how could I read all that and not read about real foods that can get you high...

Oops, I just saw a link I missed. I'm off to take a quiz about "Are You A True Star Trek Fan?"

* I must confess that this is actually only a small fraction of the articles read. I didn't want to scare you off.

11 comments:

Beautiful Mess said...

OMG! I'm totally cracking up!

Emma said...

Give me back my Friday afternoon!

battynurse said...

Yes, I've been known to get totally lost in the internet. The other one that was just as bad was my medical dictionary in nursing school. I go to look something up and get side tracked by some picture and an hour later still be reading the dictionary.

Lollipop Goldstein said...

I have totally done that--and it's when I'm Kirtsying the post and I get sucked into promises of celebrity gossip. Nooooooooooooooo.

Cara said...

JEez...and if that didn't take enough time now I'm sitting here wondering how much time it took to LINK all those posts!!!

Shelly- Mom Files said...

it had to have taken quite a while to write this post! lol~

Anonymous said...

Ha, ha! If the connection I'm on weren't so slow, I would definitely be doing the same thing--every single day. Alas, I am not in control of the quality of my internet connection so I do not have the joy of wasting oodles of time reading such gems as "foods that get you high"--I'm really interested in that one. :)

loribeth said...

It's even worse when you're actually supposed to be WORKING...(!).

Carrie27 said...

I hate that, especially when I catch myself doing it late at night. Why aren't I sleeping?

Sunny said...

Ha ha! Yes, the internet can suck away time like nothing else. So much good stuff out there!!! So much crap, too, but so much good stuff...

Unknown said...

haha , cool down and find him lol