I'm Kristin and I've been married to my hubby for over 14 years. We are the proud parents of three wonderful
I got pregnant the first time a few months before we got married. I didn't carry this pregnancy to term (I think I will share that story later). Knowing what I know now, I was probably on my way to a full blown eclamptic pregnancy. At only 6 weeks along, I was already spiking my blood pressure. I've had so many losses since than that I no longer know all my due date but I do have a record of the dates of losses.
Here is a quick overview of my pregnancies and losses...
- 9/9/94 pregnancy ended at about 8 weeks, D&C
- 2/20/97 delivered my oldest at 41 weeks 2 days via emergent c-section; I had been diagnosed with mild pre-eclampsia, had been in labor for 16 hours, the mag they gave me for my pre-e stopped my full term labor, and Marty started dropping his heart rate every time I had a contrax once they got labor going again. Marty was 8 lbs 14.5 oz
- 12/8/99 miscarriage confirmed at about 5 weeks. They called it a chemical pregnancy but I fucking hate that term.
- 11/15/00 delivered my second son, Joey, at 36 weeks 2 days, via emergent c-section; had unexplained bleeding incidents at 27 weeks and 30 weeks; at 36 weeks 2 days, thought my water had broken, went to the bathroom and found blood instead; Joey implanted very low and, when his placenta moved up the uterine wall and crossed my c-section scar, it left a small lobe behind (didn't show up on any u/s) so I was experiencing undiagnosed partial previa. My preemie was 20 inches long and 7 lbs.
- 11/11/02 loss confirmed at 10+ weeks, D&C
- 2/12/03 loss between 5 and 6 weeks
- 4/15/03 loss confirmed at about 11 weeks, D&C
- 11/24/03 loss between 5 and 6 weeks
- 6/17/04 had been on progesterone suppositories, saw heartbeat and fetal pole at 6 weeks; our little girl, Eva, dies at 8 weeks; found out at 9 weeks; D&C one day later
- 1/13/05 loss at about 5 weeks
- 12/2/05 on progesterone suppositories and lovenox; had a relatively uncomplicated pregnancy although I did develop PIH during the last 4 weeks. Gabe was delivered at 39 weeks 1 day in a scheduled c-section.
On the personal front, I am a college educated SAHM. My husband is a brilliant, funny, talented man who runs a local 911 center. Once upon a time, he was a career firefighter but he had a career ending knee injury and turned to dispatching as a career. We both love to read and could probably open our own library. I love all crafts and my hubby is very talented at model building and painting. I currently blog about anything and everything although this blog started out as an infertility focused blog.
Welcome to my world. Do you have any questions?