"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Monday, May 04, 2009

So Close - the book shower version...

Anyone whose been around the online ALI community for more than, ooooh, 2 seconds has either read Tertia's blog or at least heard of Tertia. Well, now you have the opportunity to own a little of Tertia's fabulousness. Tertia's book, So Close, is now available on this side of the Atlantic. Tertia's book is raw and touching and brutally honest and heartbreaking and oh so beautiful. Most of all, Tertia's book is absolutely DIVINE...just like her. Just about anyone who has experienced infertility can identify with some part of her story. And, even if you haven't been through infertility, her story will touch you. My friend Jennifer finished it in less than 2 days and it only took that long because she had to go to work.

One of the parts of her book that I really identified with was when she talked about receiving support from people all over the world (page 35). I truly never would have made it though my IF journey without the support of my friends. Some of them I've met and some I haven't met. The wonderful women of my cross stitch board made me a memorial quilt after I lost my daughter Eva (pregnancy#9) and turned around and welcomed Gabe with a quilt also. People from all over the blogosphere and all over the world as well as friends and family right around the corner from me made the whole IF journey with me and held me up when I couldn't hold myself up.

Take this chance to support a wonderful woman and go buy Tertia's book. Not only will you find it illuminating but it will help you explain what you've been going through to your friends and family.

Check out the rest of the book shower participants and learn a little more about So Close.

6 comments:

Jamie said...

When I first started my blog, I was looking for support after a miscarriage. I was so surprise at the kindness of strangers! The ALI community really welcomed me and made so much difference in the healing of my heart.

Lucky Jones said...

Thanks so much for sharing :) I am amazed and thankful of the support I have met online, It has made a difference in this journey of IF...

millie said...

Add me to the list of folks that have survived this craziness thanks to good friends, many of them in the computer.

MoonNStarMommy said...

that is awesome!!! :)

loribeth said...

Amen. Blogs were not around when I first entered this crazy ALI world, but I found great comfort & great friends online. I can't imagine how I would have made it through otherwise.

Andie said...

I have met so many great friends online and I don't know how I would have made it through without them. But it's not only their friendship, it's also the understanding and knowledge. I have learned so much from people who have walked this path before me. For that I am truly grateful.