"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Can anyone explain this to me?...

or The Designer Should Be Shot

I went to get Gabe his second set of clothes for the day after he covered the first set in mud when he turned on our outdoor faucet to create a river (thanks for teaching him that Marty). I pulled out what I thought was a cute pair of longer shorts that my mom had picked up at a garage sale for Gabe. This is what they looked like when I put them on...
If you look carefully, this stylish pair of shorts comes with 2 waistbands. The second waist band (the gray one) is cleverly attached so it extends above the dark blue waistband giving it the look of the hanging off the ass ghetto style of pants that teens seem to think are so cool these days. Please, please explain to me why anyone thought a preschooler needed to look ghetto (not so) fabulous.

But, then I decided, maybe with the right accessories, he could pull off the look.

The ghetto fab ass hanging shorts paired with a b-ass-ackwards hat creates a stylish yet easily *recreatable look any youngster would be proud to sport on the first day of preschool.

* yes, I know its not a real word

19 comments:

rys said...

So would Monnie describe this as hotNESS or hotMESS?

JW Moxie said...

Fo shizzle, my nizzle. That shawty is so fresh and so clean clean.

Beautiful Mess said...

LOL WHAT?! He looks ghetto fab though ;o)

Dora said...

That's just hysterical!

calliope said...

ha ha ha ha!! that just cracked me up!

Alana said...

Wow. Very scary... I'm with you--when do we draw the line at passing tacky trends to pre-schoolers?

GeekByMarriage said...

Oh Sweet Jesus

Anonymous said...

Ohh my..LOL your second photo.

I'm scared by the shorts ..so worng.

CreoleInDC said...

ROFL! My boy Gabe is ALWAYS the HotNESS! LOL!

AnotherDreamer said...

lol

I am in shock about their desire to make the shorts like that. So odd.

Shelly- Mom Files said...

LMAO!!!!

Michelle said...

HA! That is a good one!

raino said...

ah...but look at that little face! that is adorable no matter what he is wearing. so cute....lol

Carrie27 said...

I think I'm laughing harder at Kym's comment then the pants.

Seriously, what the freak?

Lioness said...

He looks so grown up, is what he looks like! Honestly, I remember you pregnant, how can this be?

'I got big shorts and I cannot lie!' He looks hysterical. And very, very handsome! :)

MrsSpock said...

Um, those shorts are WRONG. But Gabe, as always, looks adorable.

*Tanyetta* said...

he is stylin n profilin :)

battynurse said...

Don't you just love it when designers try to make little kids clothes look hip? He's a cutie even if cothing designers want to make him look more grown up.

Meari said...

The pants were probably created for parents who dress like that themselves and want their kids to look "ghetto" too. Why anyone would want to look ghetto is way beyond me!