"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Saturday, May 30, 2009

SHOW AND TELL: something to SHARE

I know I've been teasing y'all about this but I am just so damned excited about it. I know most of y'all were around here when my friend Christa and I launched our cross stitch design company, Cuppa Joe Designs. Well, Christa and I were talking and we decided that in addition to marketing our designs, we wanted to use our company to promote causes and groups we believe in. And, that's when inspiration struck.

I have been amazed at the work Cara has done forming Share Southern Vermont and organizing it's First Annual Walk for Hope and Remembrance. I remember thinking how much I wished I had known about Share when I was going through all my losses. I decided the first group we would use our design company to promote would be Share Pregnancy and Infant Loss Support, Inc. Their stated mission is to serve those whose lives are touched by the tragic death of a baby through early pregnancy loss, stillbirth, or in the first few months of life. I think this is something all of us in the ALI community can get behind. So, without further ado and in honor of Adam Michael Seip, Bridgett Kelly, and Emma Grace Tyrell, I present Cuppa Joe Designs newest patterns...


**************************************************



**************************************************


The national office for Share Pregnancy and Infant Loss Support, Inc is going to do Cuppa Joe Designs the honor of linking to our site from the national home page. Please take a moment to hop on over to our design site so its stat counter reflects the exposure and please, please pass the word on about this wonderful organization and pass on the link to Cuppa Joe Designs so this pattern will be available to a wide audience.


**************************************************

To see what everyone else in class is bringing to SHOW AND TELL, take a trip to visit the Miss Mel, Goddess of the Infertility Blogosphere.


**************************************************

And, don't forget to go by my Etsy shop and buy a hat to support the Liz Logelin Foundation. All the details can be found in this previous Show & Tell post.

20 comments:

Lollipop Goldstein said...

You did such a fantastic job :-) It was worth the wait after your teasing yesterday.

Cara said...

Kristin - you know I've already cried tears over this, but I just lost it when I saw Adam's name in the heart.

The connections that have grown between people that have never met has me in awe. We are making a difference. I thank you and Emma does too.

I might just have to learn to cross-stich.

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful thing to do. That is awesome.

JuliaS said...

Those look awesome Kristin!

Nice work!

Anonymous said...

wow, wow, wow. I am amazed. What a great project.

Lori Lavender Luz said...

What a wonderful and beautiful design!

I absolutely love the idea of you and Cara working together.

You have such a creative and generous heart.

JuliaS said...

Kristin - back again! Just read your comment on my S&T. Do it! Do it! Bulbs are the best! I always thrilled to the hope of bulbs planted in the fall and felt such fulfillment when they came up the following spring - after all winter long wondering, hoping. I also love that bulbs come back year after year and always in greater number - joy multiplied! I hope you get a fabulous array of colors and I hope you post the pictures come next spring when all is abloom. :0)

Alana said...

How wonderful!!

oklaln86 said...

That's so awesome!

..al said...

How fantastic!

Keep up the good work!

Totally cheering for you!

Emmy said...

That is a great project for a great cause.

Nicely done!!

battynurse said...

Very cool. It's fantastic!

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

How wonderful to once again use your talents to help others. :)

Phoebe said...

I like it too :)

Beautiful Mess said...

Oh Kristin! I'm getting all teary eyed here! It's so beautiful. What a great job!
*HUGS*

AnotherDreamer said...

Beautiful :)

Liv said...

Oh, wow. I love it. How beautiful.

Sunny said...

That is truly touching. It's amazing that something so beautiful can come from something so painful. You will bring so much comfort to others!

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

All teared up over your beautiful design and love and support for the ALI community. Thank you, Kristin.

Yoyo said...

Wonderful design for an outstanding cause!