"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Crazy 8s or 8x8

Yesterday, Chicklet tagged me for this and, a little further back, while back, Geek By Marriage tagged me for this too. The rules say I must mention the person that tagged me...check. I have to complete the list of 8's...check. And, I have to tag 8 bloggers and tell them I tagged them...check.

8 Things I Am Looking Forward To:
  1. fabulously good betas for Kym tomorrow
  2. finishing a tote bag
  3. starting on a very special quilt this week
  4. swimming and going out on the pedal boats with my family tomorrow
  5. HARRY POTTER in only 53 days!!!
  6. finally getting all my veggie plants in the ground
  7. being pregnant one last time
  8. getting boob reduction surgery after I'm pregnant one last time
8 Things I Did Yesterday:
  1. mowed the lawn
  2. worried about my hubby...he's either got carpal tunnel syndrome or a pinched nerve - they don't know which one yet
  3. Went swimming for the first time this season
  4. said some prayers for Kym and Chance (head over and wish them luck)
  5. made my boys clean up
  6. finished one book (in the am) and started another (in the pm)
  7. Stitched a little on a lovely little dragon pattern I am stitching
  8. Actually went to bed before midnight
8 Things I Wish I Could Do:
  1. I wish I could sing well. I can hear whats wrong with my voice but can't fix it.
  2. have a big bloggy get together
  3. ride horses on the professional show circuit...I miss riding so much
  4. add a second story and a basement to my house
  5. spend a week with my friend Rys and her family this summer
  6. go to BlogHer
  7. go on a cross stitch and/or quilting retreat
  8. wiggle my nose like Samantha from Bewitched to clean my house
8 Shows I Watch:
  1. Dr. Who
  2. Primeval
  3. Torchwood
  4. the CSIs
  5. Fringe
  6. Bones
  7. How I Met Your Mother
  8. Ugly Betty
8 Favorite Fruits:
  1. Strawberries
  2. Mangoes
  3. Kiwi
  4. Raspberries
  5. Granny Smith Apples
  6. Bing Cherries
  7. Peaches
  8. Grapes
8 Places I'd Like to Travel:
  1. Ireland
  2. Puerto Rico
  3. Conrad Maldives Rangali Island...want to eat in the underwater restaurant
  4. Paris...I need a few days just for the Louvre
  5. DC...I need a week for the Smithsonian
  6. Russia
  7. Peru...I've always wanted to see Machu Pichu
  8. Australia
8 Places I've Lived
  1. Taiwan
  2. New Jersey
  3. Germany
  4. Hawaii
  5. Florida
  6. Goldsboro, NC
  7. Hillsborough, NC
  8. Cary, NC
People I've tagged:
  1. Kym
  2. Rys
  3. Fat Chick from Musings of a Fat Chick
  4. Ali
  5. Murgdan
  6. BecomingWhole
  7. Delenn
  8. AnotherDreamer

11 comments:

Jenny @ Another Jennifer Speaks said...

i should do this on my site. :)

Anonymous said...

hey - fun thing! i love it!

i might add it and start tagging people.

now i need a fruit shake after reading your list of favorite fruits - lol.

xoxo

'Murgdan' said...

I'm totally with you on the nose-wiggling thing...and although I suck at these memes, I'll make a special effort to do this one. ;-)

Nina said...

This is a bit creepy! We both crochet, we both garden, we both want to visit Ireland, Paris and the Smithsonian, we both are Harry Potter freaks, and we both miss riding horses. I even owned my own horse for 6ish years. Are you sure you and my sister didn't get switched at birth?

Sunny said...

I love "How I Met Your Mother" ... I hope we get to meet the Mother soon! You should check out "Big Bang Theory" right before it... it's even funnier. :)

MrsSpock said...

Mr Spock and I are big sci-fi fans as well (if you can't tell from my bloggy names, hehe), and love to watch Dr Who. I am soooo excited for Harry Potter as well. We just saw the new Trek yesterday- whee!

Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo, Harry Potter! Thanks for the tag, I'm getting right on it.

Barb said...

Germany.. Ahhh I'm jealous. My Dad lives there and we visited, and I fell in love.

Mrs. Gamgee said...

I really like these kinds of intros and conversation starters... you learn so much random stuff about others. :)

BTW, is it too late to join your book challenge?

Kristin said...

Nope...its definitely not too late. The more, the merrier!

Meari said...

I always love reading the little tidbits of information people provide in these things. :) Thanks for sharing!!