"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Monday, May 11, 2009

Perfect Moment Monday: the rainbow

Two Fridays ago, on May 1st, Joey's school had their Spring Fling. They had all kinds of silly games, a dunking booth, bounce castles, and food. Of course, Joey extracted a promise from me that we would go. The announcement was made that the Spring Fling was to go on no matter what the weather. And, the weather cooperated and provided a little bit of all weather...downpours, sprinkles, and even sunshine. We got soaking wet, played a few games, and generally had a wonderful time. And, then I turned around and saw this...
I have seen so many beautiful rainbows in my life but this one capped a wonderful afternoon with two out of my three boys. And, this one occurred when I actually had my camera with me. A perfect moment indeed.

11 comments:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

What terrific symbolism! I'm glad you were able to get a photo and share it with us.

The Spring Fling sounds like a blast!

Shelly- Mom Files said...

Ah Spring! I remember Spring Fling when my girls were in Elementary. I think it rained every single year! Great shot BTW!

Megan said...

GORGEOUS!

Alana said...

How neat...a perfect end for your great day! :)

Delenn said...

Always nice when the world also shares in your perfect moment!

Arlette said...

Sounds like the perfect ending to a perfect day. Rainbows always make me smile!
Aloha!

Beautiful Mess said...

It's SO beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Perfect indeed! Life is so full of rainbow moments..I'm glad you caught this one on camera and shared it.

Soralis said...

Wow! Enjoy!

Lioness said...

Once, in Hawaii, I drove through the end of one. I ddn't even know that was possible, though it stands to reason they must end somewhere. It was eery and gorgeous, but sadly, no leperchauns. Am still a bit put out by that.

*Tanyetta* said...

love that photo! it is so perfect and a reminder that GOD is watching over all of us!