The fabulous PrincessofTides from No Yolk has honored me with the Honest Scrap award. I will definitely fulfill the part that says I need to tell 10 honest things about myself but, since I've passed this one on before, I'm not going to specify anyone to do this. I'll just say that if you feel the burning need to do this meme, consider yourself awarded and tagged.
1) My favorite words learned over the past year are fucknuttery(thank you Roslyn), fingerboarding(thanks Mel), assclowns(thanks Kym), manbiscuits(thanks Kym), and pricksicle(and thanks again Kym). If I didn't have to censor myself in front of the kids, I'd find a way to use them every day.
2) I find it very silly that we assign words such negative connotations. Whats wrong with saying fuck. It can be very satisfying and a good way to get your frustration out. Then again, would it be nearly as satisfying if there were no prohibition against it.
3) I loved the Quizno spongmonkey commercials. And, after Kym mentioned them, I clicked on the link she had up and I found this onesie...
4) I am a certifiable nerd in a family of nerds. One night a couple of weeks ago, Vic and I were watching tv together Discovery channel) but we were both reading at the same time. My older kids can both wax eloquently about the theory of The Big Rip and regularly ask to watch things on Discovery and science tv.
5) The older I get, the less I give a shit what people think of me. Sure, I prefer it if people like me but, to hell with them if they don't. I gladly pissed someone off earlier this year in order to defend my family...and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
6) I used to be a Cub Scout Leader. I am not because the person I pissed off earlier was the person in charge of processing leader applications for my son's cub scout pack. Let's call him Ball-less Ed. I pissed off Ball-less Ed by addressing an anonymous complaint he sent to me via email and I sent my response to the entire leadership chain since I knew the complaint came from them. Frankly, I think he did me a favor. I have a lot more time to use the way I want to use it. Hmmmm, maybe I should go up to him at the pack meeting tonight and thank him for it....ROFL.
7) I wish I could play an instrument. I took one year of band while in middle school. I loved band but had the biggest asshole in the world as a band director so I quit.
8) My natural hair color isn't red. I was born with bright red hair and it all fell out and came back in blonde. It darkened with age so now it is a dark blonde or light brown. I was bored with my hair years ago and I went red. I refer to my dye job as correcting nature's mistake.
9) I have a very twisted, somewhat perverse sense of humor. Not too many people get treated to the full effect of it. Hehehe, it came out once while I was volunteering as a paramedic. We had a newbie on our ambulance that night (to help train him) and we ended up having to transport a body to the morgue at UNC. Once we got into the elevator to the morgue, my partner and I waited until the newbie wasn't paying a lot of attention, we slipped our hands under the foot end of the body bag, lifted it a few inches, and dropped it back onto the stretcher. When the body "moved", our trainee almost climbed the walls of the elevator.
10) I have been living in this house for 2 1/2 years and I still don't have all my pictures/artwork up on the wall. The important things all got unpacked and put away in rapid fashion but I still haven't managed to do that.