"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Can we say overcommitted?

I have come to the conclusion that I am a glutton for punishment. In addition to launching my cross stitch design business, I also recently took over as administrator of the Cross Stitch Crazy board. Tonight's Show & Tell will also reveal another little side project I've taken on. I have an ongoing secret project for someone we all know and love (email me if you want in on the secret). And, then there are the projects I've committed to or have waiting for me to return too (WIPs otherwise known as Works in progress). I made the mistake of listing these all today and I scared myself...

Commitment Stitching
  1. Tanya's All About Me RR
  2. Dee's All About Me RR
  3. 1 baby quilt square
Commitment Sewing
  1. 1 memory/baby quilt
  2. 1 cross stitch baby quilt
  3. 1 quilted tote
  4. quilt for Gabe
WIPs
  1. You Are My Sunshine by La D Da
  2. How Does Your Garden Grow (parts 7 - 12 left) by Papillon Creations
  3. Neighborhood RR (one square left)
  4. Perpetual Calendar (through June completed) by Cross Stitch Crazy Board
  5. Frosty the Early Years freebie ornie (scroll down to 2003 ornaments) think its by Whatnots 'n Woodknots (can't find freebie online)
  6. If you follow the rules... Dimensions Kit
  7. 2000 Free Angel (over 1) by Marilyn Leavitt-Imblum
  8. Bell Pull with Winter Holly (completed), Spring Forget-Me-Nots, Summer Strawberries, and Autumn Acorns by Patricia Ann Designs
  9. Itty Bitty America (over 1 on 36 ct) by Twisted Threads
  10. 9/11 Tribute RR (only center section left)
  11. Christmas RR (header and one square left)
  12. Cherub with Tree (over 1) freebie by Mirabilia
  13. The Castle by Teresa Wentzler
Crocheted WIPs
  1. socks
  2. purple sweater
  3. 4 afghans
I think I am insane.

PS...please forgive all the random older posts that will appear on your blog roll or on Google Reader over the next week or so. I'm going back and adding categories/labels to posts.

5 comments:

Tammy said...

You are crazy, but why is that you're just realizing that now, and your readers have known it for sometime???? Silly you.

Have fun juggling all the things you've got on the go.

I notice on your stitching list, You Are My Sunshine. I wanted to stitch that one for my oldest daughter since I used to sing it her to put to her to sleep when she was a little girl. Awwww, the memories.

Alana said...

Kristin, you busy lady, I am SO glad that I discovered your blog. You are awesome. :)

Beautiful Mess said...

Dang girl! You are a busy lady! i don't blame you one bit for not doing the quilt along. there's always next time. Plus if you're doing it, how are you going to answer any number of my emails asking for help?

MrsSpock said...

I see all your posts with pics of your cross-stitch creation and wonder how you do it. Now I see everything else you do, plus manage the King Street Players, and have decided you must take what those long-distance truck drivers do.

Kristin said...

ROFL...I wish.