"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Monday, March 30, 2009

Oh God help me...

My oldest son has inherited my husband's sense of humor. He came home from school on Thursday and was just dying to tell me this story.

Let's set the scene...two middle school boys, Marty and G, are at their lockers between class.

G: Hey Marty, did you know the French have a dessert called Spotted Dick? (its actually an English pudding)
M (snickering): Too funny.
G: And, its made with duck penis.

now's when it gets dangerous...

M: Hey G, if its got duck penis in it and you put it in your mouth, does that mean you are giving it a blow job? (Marty knows what it is because he asked me after he heard the term at school)
G looses it and almost falls over laughing.

I'm not sure what scares me more. The fact that Marty has his dad's sense of humor or the fact that he is old enough to make jokes like that.

9 comments:

tina said...

omg that is so funny, and i have to add i love spotted dick and custard!

Shelly- Mom Files said...

OMG!! That is my fear for William having Dwayne's sick sense of humor!

Barb said...

Oh my... boys.

Alana said...

LOL. As an 8th grade teacher, I often overhear things that make me think, "WOW...what will it be like when my Em is older?" Your boys' example makes me think the same thing. Too funny!

*Tanyetta* said...

boys are so much fun!

AnotherDreamer said...

Oh my... I remember making raunchy jokes like that when I was younger. Of course, it wasn't until I was older that I realized how bad they were.

Scary what kids say, huh?

Beautiful Mess said...

OMG!!! AHAHAHAHAHA!!! I'm both shocked and cracking up!

Tammy said...

Funny funny funny!

Anonymous said...

bet if ya think hard enough it's the fact that he is old enough to make jokes like that. It doesn't seem to long ago when i threatened to wash my now 15 year old's mouth out