"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Drop on by...

and offer a little girl your birthday wishes and offer her dad your love and support. One year ago, little Madeline was born early but healthy. 27 hours later her dad Matt lost the love of his life when Madeline's mom Liz died.

matt, liz, and madeline

9 comments:

Alana said...

I have been following Matt's story for a while now. Some complain that he has "taken advantage" of Liz's death in order to get "free" stuff for Maddie. I say to those people, BULLSH*T! He is doing his best to cope with the loss of his best friend/lover/soulmate, etc. and I think he's doing a damn fine job! Thanks for sharing his link with others! :)

Kristin said...

I agree completely. Never once has he asked for anything. In fact, he has often turned things people intended for him (like the money from the Liz Logelin Run) over to others he felt needed it more.

Shelly- Mom Files said...

I am almost afraid of clicking on the link because I feel like I am about to cry! I'm really sad and will check it out and extend my sympathy.

Anonymous said...

I never knew about this story before. How gut wrenching.

sara said...

Thanks for sharing. I have followed this story for awhile. ICLW

Cara said...

You have the biggest heart I've ever known. Headed over...

SS said...

Thank you for commenting on my blog (not just this week but also on show & tell). I am on my way over to the blog now, what a sad sad thing.

SS said...

Kristin I am in tears after reading through some of the older posts and happening upon the pics of liz pregnant. so so sad.

Tammy said...

I've left a comment/reward on my blog for you!