"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Crafty Corner and a Question (please chime in with an answer)

Being sick has put a serious crimp into my crafty time this week. I tried to cross stitch. I was working on a soccer ball which is for a round robin one of my friends is making for her son. However, the second time I made a counting error in this simple piece, I put it away. So, this is all I finished...


Now for the question. I was browsing through a book of crochet patterns and saw a picture of a crocheted cowl. I was wondering if y'all liked it and, if you did, what you would where it with? Someone else commented that they liked it but not with what the model was wearing (looked like she was wearing it with a summery outfit).

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I like how that cowl looks, but I think it would annoy me to wear. And I'd definitely only wear that in winter as an outdoors thing. What type of yarn would you use?

princessoftides said...

What Ashley said. An outdoors thing. I could see it in something fuzzy, like mohair.

Io said...

I would totally wear the cowl. But then, I am all about draping things randomly and calling them clothes. So my opinion may be suspect.

Meari said...

I don't like it, and wouldn't wear anything like that.

CreoleInDC said...

I'd rock that if it were lined in silk or satin.