"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Thursday, March 05, 2009

My friends...I need help and suggestions...


I am going to be making a quilt including these fabrics and, yes, all these fabrics MUST be included. I will be adding other fabrics in...maybe a dominant background color. I've come up with a few ideas but I wanted to see if any of y'all had any brilliant notions. Even if you don't think you have a creative bone in your body, throw some ideas out there. PLEASE

I am thinking of doing a primarily appliqued quilt. I was thinking that golden brown and white fabric (second from the left) might make a cute teddy bear. I was also thinking of using some combination of the fabric to make ABC blocks to applique on. Any other brilliant ideas for the quilt? This quilt will be used for a baby but it is also a memory quilt.

2 comments:

Beautiful Mess said...

No laughing at my suggestions! ;o) I think the teddy bear applique would look nice with the gold fabric. Also, the red would look really nice as a contrast color. Or maybe the red as the primary color and all the others secondary. That might make the gold and others really stand out. Good luck! I'm sure it will look beautiful!

NHStitcher said...

An Electric blue fabric or a straw yellow?