"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Friday, March 20, 2009

March Madness is upon us!

What those of you who don't live in the South may not understand is just how seriously we take our college sports. In North Carolina, college basketball is king! When the ACC tournament starts, tvs creep into the work place and sometimes even the classroom. And, when some of our teams make it to the NCAA tournament, the celebration starts!

Today, I am yawning and rubbing my eyes because, despite being sick, I had to stay up and watch the Duke vs. Binghamton game last night.


photo courtesy of Duke Photography

Duke won last night beating Binghamton 86-62. Unfortunately, the much hated Tarholes also advanced in the tournament.

6 comments:

Alana said...

Glad your team won. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Meari said...

I'm not into sports, but my office has a huge pool every year. Some even bring in little TV's so they can keep track of scores. LOL

Beautiful Mess said...

Portland State got their butt's kicked by Michigan *sigh*. Wooohoooo, go Duke! Glad you got to stay awake and watch the game.

Shelly- Mom Files said...

folks here are going mad for college b-ball! I'm not interested though. I get so mad when they don't show General Hospital because of the games! lol!

Anonymous said...

I actually went to college in Raleigh so know EXACTLY what you are talking about. I was so sad last night when I went to put on Survivor and the darn tourney was on. It was much more fun in the South. I hate the TARHOLES! Thank you for all your support on my blog. I have to catch up on your story. I do love your header. Have a great day friend!

*Tanyetta* said...

I hope you're feeling better soon! So glad to hear your team won! :)