"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Monday, March 09, 2009

Perfect Moment Monday: Joey and me

Lori over at Weebles Wobblog says that "Perfect Moment Monday is more about noticing a perfect moment than about creating one. Perfect moments can be momentous or ordinary or somewhere in between."

Yesterday, Joey and I had such a great afternoon. We both got to indulge our crafty side. I got out a brand new, unopened box of beads, a shiny spool of wire, and my wire cutters. I made *5 ornaments and Joey made an ornament for Gabe, a wreath for my nieces, and a bracelet for me.




But, what truly made it a perfect moment was when Joey wrapped his arms around me and said. "Thanks mom. I had a really good time."


*Sorry, I can't show you my ornaments. The intended reipient reads my blog.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a simple thing brings so much joy- appreciation

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

These are so beautiful and so is the time spent with your son. Thank you for sharing and also for visiting my blog.

Kalei said...

love the perfect moment. It is really the best feeling in the world when there is that special moment between you and a child and they truly show appreciation. My daughter is only 2 1/2 but she whispered to me the other day: "I love u mama"...I wish I captured it on film. did you hear that? the sound of my heart melting....*ahhhh* =)

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Well, this is a first in Perfect Moment history. You are not only noticing one, you're about to CREATE one for some lucky reader.

Sounds like a fun time with your son. What a good mama you are.

Beautiful Mess said...

Awww how sweet! You're raising very good boys that will turn into wonderful men. Great work!

Raggedy Ann said...

That is truly a perfect moment! brought a smile to my face.

Shelly- Mom Files said...

you are such a great momma ♥ YOur kids will have great stories to share with their own kids in the future!

Cara said...

Perfect moment indeed. Those are the times our kids will remember!