"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Saturday, March 14, 2009

I'm a Limerick Chick too!

Lori's annual Limerick Chick contest opened and will close in the space of about a day. I don't think I can match the wit and deft use of words of the other participants (man did Kym have a great entry last year) but here goes...

There once was a community called ALI
filled with heartbreak, hope, and maybes
We use needles and take drugs
Say "FUCK INFERTILITY" and give hugs
All for the hope of a baby.


4 comments:

JW Moxie said...

I LOVE yours! I really do! I debated on dropping the F-bomb in one of my limericks, but downplayed it a little bit with "sonofabitch." I'm glad to see that you had the balls to do it, though!

(And I always vote for myself, too!) *smile*

Lori Lavender Luz said...

We're such a bunch of druggies.

So glad you're participating -- it's a terrific entry!

Shelly- Mom Files said...

very cute! You should win!!

Alana said...

Love it! Great job!

I'm new to your blog...is it too late for me to join your book challenge? I'm a reading teacher, so have already been tracking my books...I've read 7 thus far in 2009, but have read 35 since last July.

What are your deadlines? And what is your preference for monitoring dates/titles? (Do you want me to just create a "Books Read" list on my blog page somewhere?)

Thanks SO much! :)