"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Friday, March 20, 2009

The problem with being "the mom"

There is a huge problem with being "the mom" when you are sick. When you are sick, you don't give a shit if you eat. You don't give a shit about schedules. You just want to melt into a blob in the corner and be pitiful. But, when you are "the mom", that is not allowed. For some strange reason, children seem to think they need to eat regularly and they expect it to be at normal times. Why can't I be like Samantha from Bewitched and just twitch my nose to make dinner? Oops...that might not be good right now. I can just see it... TWIT-aaaaaachooooo and instead of dinner I would end up sending my kids to Outer Mongolia.

6 comments:

MrsSpock said...

For some reason, being "The Dad" doesn't seem to come with the same rules. At least not in the Spock household. What gives?

Kristin said...

I'll be damned if I know but it does happen that way, doesn't it?

Beautiful Mess said...

HA! I was thinking the same thing. Sometimes, and I'm a bit ashamed to say this, when I'm sick and still doing EVERYTHING, I get angry and wish I was "The Dad". That's not very nice, is it...oops. Feel better, sweetie!

Stacie said...

It does seem to be a little lopsided, doesn't it. Good grief, when the "dad" is sick at my house, the world revolves around him and his patheticness (is that even a word?).

I hope you are feeling better soon. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

I hear you. I know how you fell.
(((Hugs))).

It sucks!

Meari said...

Bummer... I hope you're feeling better now.