"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Sunday, November 07, 2010

Where's Mario when you need a plumber?

Earlier this evening, My hubby was sitting at the computer and my SBC Jennifer, Marty, Gabe, and I were in the living room.  Joey was taking his shower. We heard a loud crash from the den (kinda like the cat knocked over the food bin) and Joey's cat came streaking out of the den. After a few minutes, I asked Vic, "So, do you want to go see what got knocked over or should I do it?" My dear hubby got up to check and I heard the cursing begin. As it turns out, the cat didn't knock the bin over. It was one ginormous fucking mess. 

See, earlier in the evening, the boys made a comment about a weird noise coming from the toilet.  It was periodically making a glub, glub noise.  It sounded like maybe some air in the pipes or something.  It sure as hell didn't sound serious. Evidently, when Joey started taking his shower, something somewhere backed up.  The water that was suppose to be flowing down the drains decided to come back up through the drain in the shower in the den bathroom.  We don't use that bathroom.  It's only used for storage and the shower stall filled up with water and was running over onto the floor.  It was an UNBELIEVABLE mess.  Luckily though, the floor out there is a cement slab so we didn't have to worry about the floor being damaged while we were trying to dry things up.  It took about an hour and a half to get the floor completely cleaned up and we resorted to using the steam cleaner to get all the water out of the shower stall so we could pour some clog buster crap down the drain.  I'm currently praying the clog buster stuff we poured down all the shower drains does the trick because I don't think I have the time or money to deal with a big plumbing bill with all the birthdays and holidays we have coming up.

Damn, I knew the floor needed to be mopped but this sure as hell wasn't how I planned to go about it.

7 comments:

Sandra said...

Oh yuck, I guess it wasnt' the way you wanted to do it!
Good luck with that, and I guess the next time the words "glub glub" are uttered, a thrill of fear might run up your spine.

Kakunaa said...

I usually ignore the crashes completely, so luckily you got up when you did! I'm sorry it is such a mess :(

battynurse said...

Yuck. That doesn't sound like fun at all. I hope the drain cleaner stuff did the trick and there will be no more problems.

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Ugh! I despise plumbing problems! Not a fun way to spend your evening... I'm sorry.

Colette S said...

I'm glad you had help to clean it up and I hope the drain unclog thing work. We are having the same problems here where we need to save up enough to fix our sewer line. It sucks.

Colette S said...

Hey so glad it wasn't upstairs huhs!

Quiet Dreams said...

Plumbing problems are truly the worst. I hate that plumbers cost so much, but I totally understand why.