"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Saturday, November 27, 2010

An Ode to my Boys

Please forgive the cheesy poetry. I actually had an entirely different post planned but just as I was sitting down to type it, poor Gabey woke up coughing and sneezing. By the time I got him settled back down, the post had fled from my brain and this was all I could come up with.

Now I lay you down to sleep
Across the floor my feet do creep
A load of dishes, a load of wash
In a vain attempt to quash
the growing piles created by three.
Oh damn, what is that I see?
A sock I missed,a fork you stashed
Ah hell more things that need to be washed
It's a good thing I love each and every one
Because truly my work is never done.
A cry from a darkened room I hear
a sigh, a moan, a cough I fear.
my little boy is still sick you see
so I bring him over close to me
the dishes can wait as can the clothes
for these are the moment a mother knows
her children need her to hold them tight
and love them through day and night.

4 comments:

Barb said...

*sniff sniff*

Kakunaa said...

I read this and immediately thought of this: http://www.traditionalmusic.co.uk/song-midis/Housewifes_Lament.htm

HUGS. Great poem.

Quiet Dreams said...

So sweet, Kristin. The world needs more moms like you.

Dora said...

So sweet. I'm so with you on those priorities.