"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Friday, November 12, 2010

Whatcha doing?

So y'all, what are you guys doing this weekend? This is going to be a pretty busy weekend for us.  Tomorrow, Vic has to work a 12 hr shift from 6a to 6p.  While he is at work (oh joy), Gabe has his first non-family birthday party to go to. Gabe's buddy T from preschool is having his 5th birthday party tomorrow and Gabe is so excited about going. I also have to do a little cleaning and bake a cake because we are having Joey's family birthday party on Sunday. I can NOT believe my boy is going to be 10 (on Monday, the 15th). We are doing the family party on the 14th because my nieces and my sis who live way over on the South Carolina side of Charlotte, NC will be around. Joey's birthday party with friends won't be until next weekend because two of his best buddies are out of town this weekend. Yeah, that means 2 parties and 2 cakes. Oh yeah, that's something else I have to do tomorrow...bake and decorate Joey's birthday cake. Joey has become obsessed with mythology, particularly Greek mythology and Joey has asked for a cake with a picture of Greece on it. It shouldn't be too hard as long as I have the cake baked and cooled before dinner tomorrow. On Sunday, we have Sunday school and church. We'll at least make it to Sunday school but church may go by the wayside if I'm behind schedule for the party. I have a feeling I'll be ready to collapse on Sunday night but it promises to be a fun weekend.

So spill it...whatcha doing this weekend?

3 comments:

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Wow... sounds like you have quite the weekend ahead of you.

Mine is going to be rather busy too. We've done the grocery shopping, and been for lunch with the MIL. I'm resting just a bit now before I go to put the final touches on the nursery. Laundry and a bit of housework are on the to do list as well. Tomorrow, come hell or high water, we will get the storage room cleaned and organized (it's been on the to do list for months).

And most importantly, the Roughriders are playing in the CFL western division semi final tomorrow... so I will be cheering my fool head off. They HAVE TO win! :)

Barb said...

Being sick.. hoping we get better enough to have portraits done. :(

Jen said...

2 weddings, 1 yesterday we got done around 11 pm and one in 2 hours...think I should get the hub up?