"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Sunday, November 07, 2010

Somehow, I never remember...

Somehow, I never remember just how damned cold it is inside the RBC Center during a Carolina Hurricanes game. Last night, the Hurricanes hosted their Family and Scout night with reduced cost tickets for all scouts and $1 hot dogs so families could afford to feed their kids at the game. We gave Joey a pair of tickets as an early birthday present. He and I joined the other kids from his cub scout den and watched the Hurricanes stomp all over the Florida Panthers. It was a ton of fun but, OMG, even in the nosebleed seats, my nose and fingers were freezing.  One of these days I will remember to bring my gloves when we go to watch them play. While we were stuck in traffic after leaving the game, Joey saw a shooting star. He was so excited.  It was cute...when I wished him a happy early birthday, he said "I got two birthday presents today...the game and seeing the shooting star.  Last year I wished I would get to see a shooting star by my next birthday and it happened."  I thought that was such a sweet sentiment.

3 comments:

AnotherDreamer said...

Awww, so cute about the shooting star/game/birthday :)

Kakunaa said...

Proof that wishes can come true!

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Sounds like a fantabulous early birthday!