"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Monday, November 01, 2010

A Night With The Classics

Lori over at Weebles Wobblog (soon to be Write Mind /  Open Heart...read the reason here) says that "Perfect Moment Monday is more about noticing a perfect moment than about creating one. Perfect moments can be momentous or ordinary or somewhere in between." Even though Lori is temporarily taking a break from Perfect Moment Monday due to her blog overhaul, it's still important to notice them.

This weekend we had family movie night on Saturday and we gave the kids free rein to pick a movie from Netflix (I freakin' love Netflix instant streaming). My kids made me so proud when they picked The Bugs Bunny Road Runner Movie. Do you know what was even better than them picking a cartoon movie that brings back memories of my childhood Saturdays? The best part was watching them laugh and cackle and snicker at all the things I found funny when I was their age...and, watching and listening to Joey watch something he finds funny is so much like watching Vic.  It was all pretty perfect to me.
******************************
Btw, I've signed up for NaBloPoMo. Who wants to join me?

You can get this nifty little badge over at Suzy's blog.

7 comments:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

I love the idea of you and your family cracking up while you also reminisced fondly. Handing down those happy childhood memories is one of the best perks of parenting.

Mrs. Gamgee said...

It's too bad that Saturday morning cartoons are all but history now... so many fun memories! I can just imagine your boys killing themselves lauging at Bugs' antics.

I thought about doing NaBloPoMO again this year, but something tells me I might miss a few days later this month... ;)

AnotherDreamer said...

That does sound like quite the perfect moment :)

loribeth said...

They don't make 'em like that anymore...!

Kakunaa said...

I want to do this 30 day thing, but know I won't keep up, so I look forward to reading everyone else's blogs!

Beautiful Mess said...

I love that movie! So glad the kids enjoyed it while you were able to have happy childhood memories.

YAY for NaBloPoMo! Good luck, although I don't think you'll need it ;o)
*HUGS*

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

So glad you're doing #NaBloPoMo