"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Like A Chicken

I feel like I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off today. Gabe had a fabulous time at the birthday party he went to. T's mom has my undying admiration because she actually managed to organize that gaggle of 4 and 5 yr olds and had them playing games. She also had a clown their who did a cute little magic show, told corny jokes that had the little guys howling with laughter, and did face painting.

When I got home, I ran right back out and picked up the last of the cub scout popcorn we needed to fill our orders. Then, I baked the cake which tastes delicious but it rose a little oddly. Luckily, that is an easily fixable problem. I also started really looking at a map of Greece (what Joey originally said he wanted on his cake) and decided that all the islands and bays and what not would be a royal pain in the ass to render on a cake. I mean, I could do it but it wouldn't be fun in the time frame I have left. So, I convinced Joey to let me go ahead and do a test run of the helmet ancient Greek helmet design. 

Once I finished baking the cake, my kids had this demented notion I actually needed to cook dinner and feed them. Hmmmph, the nerve of them. I got them back though. After dinner, I cracked the whip and made them clean a bit. Luckily, there wasn't a huge amount of cleaning to do and we were still able to get the kids into bed on time. Since they went to bed, I put the first layer of icing on, made the rest of the icing, and now, I'm talking to y'all.

Gonna finish it all in the morning because right now my bed is calling.

3 comments:

..al said...

Well, first of all, I think you accomplished a lot....secondly, pictures of the cake please...

and third? I love the new template of your blog.

MrsSpock said...

Would love to see a pic of that cake too!

battynurse said...

Sounds really busy. Especially compared to my day which was actually pretty productive. Hope you sleep well.