"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Friday, November 05, 2010

Shopping without spending a dime

Hey y'all...I know that with the holidays coming up, many of us are looking for ways to earn a little extra cash.  My friend Rys told me about Amazon's textbook buyback program. Once you log in to your Amazon.com account, click on the textbook section of the book category, visit the textbook buyback page, enter the ISBN of any textbook you are done using, and Amazon will tell you what they will pay you for your textbook. All you have to do is find a box and package up the textbooks because Amazon pays for the SHIPPING AND HANDLING. Any money they offer for the textbooks will be credited directly to your Amazon account once they receive the books and you can spend it on anything on the site.  I only had 2 books from Marty's homeschooling last year that they wanted to buy back but that got me almost $40.  I got Gabe a birthday present, the set of gel food coloring I need for decorating the upcoming birthday cakes (Joey's and Gabe's), and a book for me. 

2 comments:

Kakunaa said...

Oooh, thank you! Great idea!

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Woohoo! That's awesome! I love shopping without having to use my own money (you know what I mean).