"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Friday, November 12, 2010

Do you want fries with that?

Y'all know I'm not a prude. Hell, I've even reviewed adult toys from Eden Fantasys. However, I've run across a story that even has me snickering.  Alabama, specifically Huntsville, has debuted the nation's first sex toy shop with a drive through window (Link NOT Safe For Work). The owner of the sex toy shop said she added the drive through windows in an  effort to remove the stigma from sex toys. Now, I'm all for adults enjoying and exploring their sexuality but there were a few really amusing thoughts that ran through my mind when I heard about this.
  1. The article mentions that patrons can order from a menu of items.  Does said menu have pictures or are you just suppose to know what a Roulette Lucky 7 (Link NOT Safe For Work) is?
  2. Since Alabama only allows purchase of a sex toy for specific reasons, what exactly constitutes a purchase as being for a "a bona fide medical, scientific, educational, legislative, judicial or law enforcement purpose"?
  3. And, more importantly, can you supersize your order?
Have you run across any news stories recently that really amuse you?

8 comments:

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

Wow! I had no idea Alabama was so backwards. I can't believe you have to get a doctor's note.

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Oh. My. Good. Gravy!

You really should put warnings on your posts... I almost snorted yoghurt through my nose.

And I'm trying to think of a bona fide law enforcement purpose for buying a dildo...

sharah said...

Some backstory -- the owner has been fighting with the state for YEARS now over the legality of seeling sex toys in the state. They've probably been through a half-dozen lawsuits so far. It sounds insane to anyone anywhere else, but it's not actually that shocking here anymore. It really is more a symbolic gesture than anything else.

I've been impressed for a while that they've managed to keep the store open and running despite all the legal prohibitions they have to deal with.

Colette S said...

I love it! lol You made me laugh my ass off. lol.

Seriously funny!

Evonne said...

That is too much! I wonder if they have packages similar to a combo meal at a fast food joint?

Shelly- Mom Files said...

hahahaha!!! Can you supersize that for me?? too funny!

Side note: damn, I wish we had one of those drive-thru windows in Columbia ;-)

battynurse said...

Wow. That is interesting. As is the idea that you can only purchase sex toys for certain reasons. I always knew though that Alabama was a little off.

Meari said...

Ha. Great commentary!