"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Sunday, November 28, 2010

An Explanation for Everything

I should have known better. I should not have pursued that train of thought. When Marty comes to you late at night with a seemingly innocuous line of questioning, all sensors start screaming "Danger Will Robinson Danger." But, for you my faithful friends and readers, I entertained his train of thought.  This is what happened...

Marty: "Mom, you know how the Bible says we were created in God's image..."
Me: "Yeah"
Marty: "and you know how some people look at us and say that must mean God has a good sense of humor..."
Me: sensors are starting to scream at me but I'm in too deep already "Ummmm, yeah" thinking I'm a little scared to see where this is going
Marty: "Well, I've figured out what the Big Bang was..."
Me: oh shit, I can only imagine where this is going "What was it?"
Marty: "The Big Bang was God going through puberty. After all, we know how bad it is for us, imagine an omnipotent being going through it."
*Me: Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha I never, ever learn, do I?


*of course, I called Vic at work to tell him and his only question (after laughing his ass off) was "Lightning hasn't struck the house yet, has it?"

8 comments:

stitchersanon said...

Now you know that could have been so much worse hahaha. Count your blessings he stopped at puberty lol

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

That is awesome!! So funny!

Quiet Dreams said...

I love that Marty. This really made me LOL.

AnotherDreamer said...

Hehe, that's great!

Kakunaa said...

I honestly thought it would be worse. That's not so illogical! Hysterical, though.

Meari said...

That is way too funny!

Barb said...

ahhahahaha. And yes you really are a lucky woman. :) (from your other post)

battynurse said...

Lol. That's pretty good thinking on his part.