"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Sunday, November 28, 2010

An Explanation for Everything

I should have known better. I should not have pursued that train of thought. When Marty comes to you late at night with a seemingly innocuous line of questioning, all sensors start screaming "Danger Will Robinson Danger." But, for you my faithful friends and readers, I entertained his train of thought.  This is what happened...

Marty: "Mom, you know how the Bible says we were created in God's image..."
Me: "Yeah"
Marty: "and you know how some people look at us and say that must mean God has a good sense of humor..."
Me: sensors are starting to scream at me but I'm in too deep already "Ummmm, yeah" thinking I'm a little scared to see where this is going
Marty: "Well, I've figured out what the Big Bang was..."
Me: oh shit, I can only imagine where this is going "What was it?"
Marty: "The Big Bang was God going through puberty. After all, we know how bad it is for us, imagine an omnipotent being going through it."
*Me: Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha I never, ever learn, do I?

*of course, I called Vic at work to tell him and his only question (after laughing his ass off) was "Lightning hasn't struck the house yet, has it?"


stitcheranon said...

Now you know that could have been so much worse hahaha. Count your blessings he stopped at puberty lol

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

That is awesome!! So funny!

Quiet Dreams said...

I love that Marty. This really made me LOL.

Another Dreamer said...

Hehe, that's great!

Kakunaa said...

I honestly thought it would be worse. That's not so illogical! Hysterical, though.

Meari said...

That is way too funny!

Barb said...

ahhahahaha. And yes you really are a lucky woman. :) (from your other post)

battynurse said...

Lol. That's pretty good thinking on his part.