"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Saturday, November 06, 2010

Artistic Ideas Needed...

Hey y'all...I'm asking for advice again.  I am making a quilt out of unusual material and I need help figuring out what motifs I am going to quilt onto each block.  The quilt is done in bold Fall colors and each block is a solid not pieced.  There are 36 blocks in the quilt and I need at least 6 motifs.  They need to be objects that can be represented with fairly simple drawings.  So far, I have come up a leaf, a squirrel, a turkey, an acorn, and a pumpkin.  I need one more motif and I am sort of stuck.  I am thinking about an ear of corn but I'm not set on that.  Anyone have any ideas?

Bueller?  Bueller? Anyone?

10 comments:

Kakunaa said...

Scarecrow? Apple? Those are the only 2 simple ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Mrs. Gamgee said...

A sheaf of wheat? A haystack? Harvest moon? That's all I can think of. Sounds like a cool quilt tho!

heartincharge said...

a pie?

Emma said...

I think maybe a tree silhouette, with bare branches. It sounds like a great idea! I know nothing about autumn / fall though. Purely tropical here. Maybe I should do a monsoon quilt ;)

Cakeblast said...

Scarecrow was my first thought..

This may seem strange, but looking at the Chinese Zodiac, the Monkey and the Rooster both represent the season of Autumn.

The Maven said...

I'm far too impressed by your ability to quilt to possibly come up with any ideas at the moment. What talent! Quit making the rest of us look bad :P

Actually, only quit AFTER you've taken pictures and shown off on your blog. I really want to see the finished product!

Dora said...

I think pie us perfect. A pie with a slice cut out.

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Pilgrim stuff? Native American icons?

Meari said...

corn on cob, corn stack, apple, a barn?

MrsSpock said...

Oak tree?