"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Thursday, November 11, 2010

To all those who served...

To all those who served our country, THANK YOU. You gave time and, in some cases, your life to ensure our country remains string and free. You've faced horrors that some of us can't even conceive of. Without you, we couldn't continue to live free. For that, we owe you and, for that, I thank you.



In honor and in memory of all those I know who have served...my dad; my FIL, Sigifredo Cruz-Vega; my grandfather, Martin Iverson; Monica Mingo; Erica Bunker; Adam Credle; Suzy's dad, both of her grandfathers, her uncle, her FIL, and her husband's cousin; Mrs. Gamgee's grandfather; Quiet Dreams' dad; and all others.

Please add any names you would like recognized in the comments.  I will add them.

3 comments:

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

Love that picture!

My Dad served, both grandfathers served, my uncle served, my father-in-law served, and Ike's cousin is currently serving. Wow, that's a lot!

Mrs. Gamgee said...

My grandfather served in WWII. His story is one that I would love to turn into a novel sometime. He was an ambulance driver in France, and was on Juno beach on D-day.

Quiet Dreams said...

My dad served, and because of growing up in a military town, I know many, many, many vets.