"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Monday, November 22, 2010

Happy Anniversary Honey

Can you believe it's been 16 years already? It blows my mind when I think of our relationship in those terms. There are so many times when it seems like just yesterday when we met and became a couple. Then, one of our three hellions rugrats lovely boys comes dashing through the room and the reality hits...we really have been married that long. I wouldn't trade one single moment we have had together. Sure, we've been through some pretty hellish experiences, but I learned long ago that as long as I have you by my side, we can survive and even conquer anything.

I sometimes wonder if you realize how very proud I am of you and the many sacrifices you have made for our family? I try to remember to tell you often but I don't think I could ever say it enough. You are an incredible man who has achieved so much and have worked your ass off to provide for us. I wish the universe had cooperated and there hadn't been so many physical roadblocks thrown in the path of your career development. Seeing you work through each of these roadblocks and seeing you overcome them in order to continue on an outstanding career path has set a wonderful example for our boys and has taught them so much about having a strong work ethic.

Vic, I love you more than I can put into words. I wanted this to be eloquent and beautiful but I have so many thoughts swirling through my head. They are fighting to get out onto the computer screen and, instead of a polished love letter, you are getting a mish-mash of heartfelt sentiment.  Just remember that I love you.  I need you. You mean the world to me and I hope we have 50 more  years together.

11 comments:

stitchersanon said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwww... ;-)

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Congratulations, Mr and Mrs DragonDreamer!

Kakunaa said...

Happy 16 years. Beautiful post!

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Beautimous post! Blessings on you both!

AFM said...

Congrats on the Aniversary

JJ said...

Cheers to MANY more years! Happy Anniversary!

AnotherDreamer said...

Aww, hope you had a wonderful anniversary!

ColourYourWorld said...

Happy Anniversary!

Michelle said...

Happy ICLW and anniversary!!!

I wish many more in the future.

Michelle
http://samide2001.blogspot.com/

April said...

Happy anniversary and Happy ICLW! May you both have many many more years together ahead of you!

battynurse said...

Happy Belated Anniversary!