"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Stitching Post Saturday



Welcome to the next edition of Stitching Post Saturday. I don't have nearly as much to share because my stitching mojo has taken a bit of a break this week. So, in addition to sharing the tiny bit of stitching I've gotten done, I am going to share the two little cross stitch patterns I designed.

I designed these two pieces, a race horse and the Romanian flag for MiPa's All About Me RR. This RR is exactly what it says. You stitch small motifs that represent something about the person it belongs to. You can click on both patterns to see a close up of them.


This is what I have stitched of the racehorse design so far.


Check out what everyone else has been up to... Stitching Post Saturday on MiPa's blog.

2 comments:

Miriam Pauline said...

I love them! Thanks so much!

The flag fabric came from Wally World two summers ago, so I don't know if they are still available. I just lined the back with fleece for warmth and durability.

Thanks for participating!

Anonymous said...

Those are so neat! I tried cross-stitching for a short period of time so that I could be like my Grandma. Turns out I don't have much patience for crafts. :) Hope you get more time to stitch, and thanks for stopping by my blog from ICLW!