"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Friday, January 02, 2009

Pay It Forward Friday Part Deux

I really want to thank Dora of ISO the Golden Egg for bringing this idea to my attention. It is so much fun to spring a surprise on someone. This week, Antigone and Perseus are going to be getting a surprise from me...and Mel of Stirrup Queens is going to deliver it for me.



I have been so inspired by Antigone's story that I really wanted to give her something special for Perseus. Antigone is strong, smart, and just plain amazing. I know her little boy is going to be just as wonderful. I crocheted the hat and booties. The blanket was given to me by a friend and they requested that I anonymously pass it on to someone who would appreciate it. I was going to save this Pay It Forward post until the goodies were at least in Mel's hands but, since Perseus was born today, I just had to share. If you want to see the pics larger sized, then click on them.

4 comments:

MrsSpock said...

That is awesome!

The Wife said...

Hi! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog for ICLW. I was horrible at it as you can tell because I'm juust now responding to all the comments I received. I love crocheting and your pay it forward sounds awesome! Hope you have a great 2009.

AnotherDreamer said...

Oh, how sweet! I just know she's going to love it!

_ said...

Beautiful, Kristin! and what a lovely gift for Atigone and Perseus. I was reading her story and what a wonderful way for her to start the new year...with the wonderful blessing of her new baby boy.