"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Thursday, January 15, 2009

ARRRGGGHHHHH

Someone, anyone...can you please explain to me why my 8 yr old plays clueless when it comes to his spelling homework? All he has to do is put 12 words in alphabetical order and then write 5 sentences. But, it never fails that he goes into a whining meltdown..."I can't do it. Can't you please help? wah wah wah" I love him but he is driving me insane!


*The boy that took 45 minutes to alphabetize the first 8 words finished the last 4 in 3 minutes when I finally threatened him with early bed times if he didn't finish asap.

5 comments:

Frugality Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Frugality Mom said...

Let's try this again. :) I am glad to know I am not alone when dealing with an 8 year old who is trying to perfect the art of cluelessness when it comes to home

Lori Lavender Luz said...

I can not speak to this subject. We had a blowup over homework tonight and I am saying "ARRRRGGGHHHHHH" myself.

I like the idea of a threat :-)

*Tanyetta* said...

Ummm...I'm afraid. I am very afraid. The kid starts Kindy this year. Is this what I have to look forward to in a few years? :)

Meari said...

All I can say is.... "kids!"