"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

I've done it...

I finally started a regular exercise program. I have a Gazelle Elliptical machine and have been using it regularly for a short time. I figure if I go ahead and tell y'all about it now, I'll be too embarrassed to let exercise fall by the wayside.

**CONTEST** Come on y'all...don't you want to win a copy of Mel's book. I'm ready to order one for someone (in addition to KT) and I need someone to enter. So, post and tell me why you want or need Mel's book. I will (at my discretion) pick a winner early Saturday. Any posts that are here when I wake up on Saturday are eligible to win.

9 comments:

Cara said...

Oh Kristin - you are such a sweetie! I already pre-ordered a copy, for posterity's sake really as I didn't suffer from IF the first three times and we are done having kids...but I REALLY want a copy on my shelf!!!

Don't enter me, but just wanted to know you are loved. And BTW - I am finding it VERY difficult to give things away lately too. What's up?

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

This is so wonderful but I already preordered my copy too!

Jen J said...

OK, I'll jump.

Not sure if I've ever posted here, but I've been reading for a long time. I found your blog when you posted a Show & Tell about Cross Stitch and as a stitcher who never seems to have enough time to concentrate on stuff I was attracted. (Any advice on making a decent looking French Knot?)

Anyway.... I have not yet pre-ordered my copy. My DH & I are really trying to cut out purchasing anything that is not a "need" although Christmas was an exception. We're working to get our Mastercard paid off because we have some major home repairs coming in the first 7 or 8 months of the year. Because of those home repairs our aggressive Infertility treatments and/or pursuit of Adoption is on hold. I'm still coming to terms with it.

It's on my list - to pre-order a copy, but I figure that I can do that sometime this spring.

BTW - so that I don't feel quite so stalkerish I'm more than willing to add anyone who'd like to be a blog reader (unless you're one of my DH's Middle School students or girls on his HS basketball team) - just e-mail me at jenjubes@gmail.com!

Tammy said...

Very good of you to do something physical for yourself. You deserve it. Keep us updated on your progress.

NHStitcher said...

GO Kristin! You can do it! Keep up with the exercising, I'll be rooting you on!

Margaret said...

Go Kristin go!!!

MrsSpock said...

Dang! I preordered too! But I will publicize your contest...

Vicki said...

Good for you on the exercise, Kristin! Maybe you'll inspire me to hope on our lovely looking exercise bike that sits in the middle of the family room. It does get used by DH...but I tend to just look at it.

Anonymous said...

You go girl! That's great! :)