"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Friday, January 16, 2009

Editing a template/adding a third column

I want to change my template and I have found one I like. The only problem with the new template is the width of the sidebars. Does anyone know how to change that?

**This site...Three Column Blogger... tells you how to easily add a third column to a few of the readily available blogger templates.

4 comments:

Shelly- Mom Files said...

not anything that can be explained in writing but I suggest you stick with a template that is ha sthe same layout of what you currently have so you don't lose anything. Good luck!

Velda said...

what she said.....be very careful when changing templates, be sure to save your html to readd anything that disappears.

As for width, it's something in the numbers near the top of the coding...if you send me the coding, I can get AJ to look at it and help you out...

for me it's trial and error, usually more error than not lol...I just keep changing the numbers and previewing until it looks right :)

princessoftides said...

Just agreeing with pp's - make sure you download a copy of your current template, with any customizations, before you apply the new one. That way you can always go back to the old one if something goes wrong. The option to download a template is under "Backup/Restore Template" on the Edit HTML page - just save it to your desktop or another safe place....

Lee said...

Post the template code on your blog as a post. Then we can collectively look at it and let you know!