"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Randomness of my family and me...

If you have a brand new pair of unhemmed pants, the easiest way to get the correct length is to neatly fold both the new pants and an old pair that are the correct length. Lay them both out on a flat surface with the old pair on top. Measure the difference in length. If you are hemming pants for an adult, do not leave more than 2 inches of fabric for the hem (cut excess off). For example, the 4 pairs I hemmed for Vic were 10 inches longer than his old pair. I cut off 8 inches and that left me 2 inches to make a rolled hem with.

I have exercised 8 out of the last 9 days. The first day I only did 20 minutes on the Gazelle. Today, I did 35 minutes.

I love making things for people. It makes me happy to make them happy. As a result, I sometimes tend to have too many projects going on at once.

Marty is not even 12 yet and he wears a size 10 1/2 men's shoe and is 5'2" tall (onloy 1 1/2 inches shorter than me.

I love to crochet. I like big chunky yarns or using 2 or 3 skeins at once for a tweedy effect. Projects work up so quickly that way. The funny thing is I never intended to learn to crochet. Many eons ago (about 14 yrs ago), I was spending a lot of time with my friend Chris. Chris had lsot her nearly full term baby that December and I was looking for ways to help her focus on other things. She decided to teach me to crochet and I figured what the hell...even if I don't like it, it will help her focus on something else for a little while. Hey...does this mean I can blame my absurdly large yarn collection on her?

I hate to clean...ugh...but, I feel better about myself and my house when I do clean. Guess I better suck it up and clean more often.

My husband has short legs. He is 6 1/2 inches taller than me and we have the same inseam.

Joey and Marty are built completely differently. They are almost 4 years apart in age but they weigh almost the same and wear the same size pants. I almost ALWAYS have to take up Joey's pants about 6 inches.

My oldest son has always gone by his middle name Marty. He says people always mispronounce hi name when he first meets them (could that be because he talks 100 mph?) so when he started middle school he chose to go by his first name, Victor, at school. Do you know how hard it is to remember to call him that at school?

My husband is a wonderful teddy bear of a man. He is smart, funny as hell, and has a sense of duty and responsibility that most people couldn't even begin to imagine. He is my heart and soul...the love of my life...and I am so lucky to have him.

Gabe is taller at 3 than either of my other two boys were.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

That was fun.

AnotherDreamer said...

Interesting facts :)