"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Come out, come out, wherever you are!

I've come to the very firm conclusion that someplace, somewhere in my house there is a portal to a parallel universe. There simply has to be. There is no other explanation for all the things that disappear around here. For example, right before Christmas, I cleared all my sewing and quilting things off the table. I folded up all the fabric and batting and put it in bags. I packed the sewing machine up in its box. And, I picked up my clear 18 inches long (by 4 inches wide) quilting ruler and my large clear quilting square (16 in x 16 in) and put them away. Today, I decided it was time to haul some of that stuff back out. I have a tote bag to make and 4 pairs of pants to hem. Of course, something was missing. Was it the black, blue, green or tan threads? Nope, all the little spools were in place. Had the needle gotten lost or the pins spilled? Nope, they were all in place too. But, my large quilting ruler and quilting square are gone. I spent over an hour looking through the house...behind thing, under things, in every improbable location I could think of. I can't find the damned things anywhere. So, I came to the obvious conclusion. The other me in the parallel universe suddenly has 2 rulers and 2 squares due to the portal connecting our houses.

Either that or I am going insane.

Nah, it has to be the portal because I'm the very model of sanity.

7 comments:

Chris said...

Did you ask G-man? With his powers, he can find them for you.
Good luck!

Amanda said...

Ask the kiddos. My DS always knows where my stuff is, but can't keep track of his own stuff!

Jen said...

sorry I missed your party...but I have your ruler here lol...faster then the speed of light, and all that good stuff

Ken's choice said...

Kristin, don't look anymore, just act like you don't care , then suddenly a little voice will come into your very sane head and tell you were to look and Voila, there it is !!

Cara said...

Ah - Now I KNOW where the portal in my closet leads to. Although, I have no need for a quilting square or a ruler of that size. ha-ha

hope they "turn up" soon.

AnotherDreamer said...

I find stuff come up missing all the time. I always blame it on mischievous faeries that may or may not exist. lol, or it could be my cats.

Anonymous said...

Buy a new one and throw away the receipt...you will find it. Think I have a portal too. Socks keep disappearing. Nope haven't thrown any away due to holes cuz i can't find any