"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Welcome ICLWers.

Grab a seat and hold on tight. ICLW is a wild and wonderful ride. My name is Kristin and I'll be your hostess for this part of the journey.

Eeek...your hostess needs to take her own advice to hold on tight. I just glanced at this months list and realized I have 132 comments to leave. Well, a minimum of 132 comments to leave. See, I can have a normal outlook about a lot of things but I get a bit obsessive about my commenting during ICLW. I can't give up my blogroll commenting and I MUST continue my unbroken string of Iron Commenting. Hmmm, wonder if I can convince the kids and hubby they don't really need to eat or have clean clothes this week? Nah, I didn't think so either. Guess I'll have to figure out another way to fit it all in.

For any of you who might be new to my blog, a complete rundown of my IF/family building history can be found here. If you don't feel like clicking over (and I totally understand if you don't), here's a brief synopsis. I am a mom to three sons. None of my obstetrical experiences have been what you could call normal. My 3rd son is my post-infertility baby and we went to hell and back to get him here. As for my current life, its crazy. I have a 12 yr old, an 8 yr old, and a kamikaze 3 yr old who I can't get potty trained because he is having nightmares about the potty. Frickin' nightmares about the potty. Who would have thunk it? I am an administrator to the kick ass Cross Stitch Crazy board, an obsessive crafter, and am trying to launch a cross stitch design company, Cuppa Joe Designs, with one of my best friends. In my free time (bwahahahahahaha) I dabble in web design (like my blog, I designed it), photography (see the previous post), and evidently, I've turned intto a writer. I guess I must be if I'm closing in on my 500th post. If you drop in to read more than once, you never know what you are going to find but I promise you won't be bored.

Now, I'm going to return you to your regularly scheduled programming while I scurry off to take my oldest to school. Gotta squeeze that in before the comment lovefest starts.

****************************************

I am officially totally and completely insane. I have read and commented on the first 40 blogs on the list.

12 comments:

Shelly- Mom Files said...

good luck on your commenting!

Shannon said...

haha Good Luck on the comments!
I am going to have to run over and look at your cross stitch board!

Nina said...

You need a house elf! That would solve all your eating/laundry/carpool/potty problems. Harry Potter, who knew you'd be a savior to wives and moms everywhere. I understand the OCD thing. I'm a nurse, and we're all obsessive-compulsive to some degree. I like to think my patients appreciate it, but sometimes, I'm not so sure! Good luck, and can't wait to see what you think about my little journal! ICLW

Villagepig said...

From ICLW (second time round!):

Ooooh my nearly 3 year olds HATE the potty and one of them screams blue murder when he approaches it - we are trying to break down the barrier, we shall see where it leads :-)

VP

JW Moxie said...

You're my first official ICLW comment, buddy! :)

ICLW#1

Beautiful Mess said...

Happy ICLW!! I say the 8 year old does the laundry and the 12 year old makes dinner. That way you can get all your commenting done and your record will stand. What ya think?

Jill said...

Good luck with the commenting :) Happy ICLW

Anonymous said...

kristin- you're one of my favorite bloggers too! Fyn got underwear last night. I think we're in a race. NO more diapers i say

Margaret said...

Potty nightmares? Oh dear.

LOL about the commenting! You are awesome.

sunflowerchilde said...

Wow, you are crazy! That's a LOT of comments to leave. Good luck!

*Tanyetta* said...

I am worn out for you :)

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Oh my goodness! 40 already!?!? I was thinking I was doing pretty good with about 15 today... Looks like I'm going to have to step up my game!

Happy ICLW!