"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Saturday, April 04, 2009

SHOW AND TELL: Volcanoes, Body Parts, and Dancing

I have to say up front...Every single word of this is true. I couldn't make up a story like this because my mind wouldn't ever go there.

Gabe's latest obsession is volcanoes. He talks endlessly about volcanoes. He pretends to be a volcano. He quotes the Backyardigans episode about the volcano endlessly. He is obsessed as only a 3 yr old can be obsessed.

Gabe has also discovered that the most sure-fired way to get his brothers to laugh is to make a joke about body parts. And, psst, if you think you know where this story is going, I assure you you are wrong.

All last Monday, Gabe was pretending various animate and inanimate objects were erupting like a volcano. Every time he burped he was "erupting like a volcano." According to him, the dogs were erupting like a volcano when they were peeing. And, he kept saying he was a volcano. Last Monday night, all the boys needed baths or showers. Now, Joey usually takes a shower but he asked if he could take a bath with Gabe because they wanted to play with the submarines. As soon as Gabe got in the bath, he started with the wildness. The submarines were diving into the water from dizzying heights so Gabe could splash Joey. And, then the real fun began. Gabe stood up and started shaking (he was pretending to be a volcano). Then, he grabbed himself and yelled, "My penis is erupting like a volcano." It briefly got absolutely quiet. Joey and I looked at each other in shock and we promptly fell over laughing. This of course led Gabe to repeat this phrase over and over. I knew I shouldn't laugh so hard but I couldn't help myself. The imagery was just too much. Well, I finally got him calmed down and finished the bath. After the bath, I was changing him into his diaper and pajamas and I got the desitin out. I putting it on and Gabe looked down, saw all the white, and announced, "My penis is erupting white lava like a volcano." I lost it. I mean, my God, you can't make shit like this up. We finally, finally got through his bed preparations and I sent Joey and Gabe in to brush their teeth. All appears to be going smoothly and then Joey bursts out laughing and I can hear Gabe singing. When I asked Joey what was going on, he said Gabe had climbed up on the toilet and started dancing and singing. What was he singing you ask? Well, it went something like this..."Dancing on the toilet is a great idea." I did what any good blogger would do. I grabbed my camera to try and document the hilarity for you. Unfortunately, I only caught the last little bit so I set a really good example and asked him to do it again. Here for your enjoyment is my toilet dancer...



To see what everyone else in class is bringing to SHOW AND TELL, take a trip to visit the Miss Mel, Goddess of the Infertility Blogosphere.

******************************

And, don't forget to go by my Etsy shop and buy a hat to support the Liz Logelin Foundation. All the details can be found in last week's Show & Tell post.

19 comments:

Beautiful Mess said...

OMG! I'm crying I'm laughing SO hard! I had to watch that video with my headphones plugged in because I can just see Zilla watching that then recreating it int he bathroom.

I'm going to be laughing about this ALL night long! AHAHAHAHA

AnotherDreamer said...

LOL, love it!

luna said...

the volcano thing is hilarious!
and thanks for your kinds words before.

'Murgdan' said...

Too funny. :-) This post had me smiling all the way through.

Anonymous said...

Hilarious. Free entertainment I say.

Alana said...

ROFLMAO. TOO, Too, Too funny. Whewie, truly hilarious. :)

Raggedy Ann said...

Don't you just love little boy humour! He is gorgeous!

Delenn said...

That is hillarious! He is so cute!

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious! I laugh when I'm not supposed to with my son too...it's impossible unless you have an iron heart, which I know wwe do not!

JB - A.K.A. Jenn said...

laughed so hard I nearly peed myself at the computer!!!

Just love the whole Penis volcano...

Megan said...

too funny.

Anonymous said...

OMG...this is too much!

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

The volcano is too funny.

But, uh, dancing on the toilet is a terrible idea.

Queenie. . . said...

That is so funny! Kids really do say the darndest things.

Beth Kyle said...

i think it is so funny that the kids are telling you to blog about it!

GeekByMarriage said...

BWAHAHAHAHA

..al said...

Incredibly funny!

battynurse said...

Oh wow. That's funny. When he's a teenager you can remind him what he said. LOL.

sunflowerchilde said...

I can't see the video here at work, but the story is hilarious!