"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Saturday, April 11, 2009

SHOW AND TELL: Grandma's Volcano

I don't know what its like when you go to visit your family but, when I go to visit my family, it is never calm. It is never, ever quiet. It is never normal. But, it is always wonderful.

The boys and I are visiting with my parents for the weekend and, of course, my mom has heard all about Gabe's volcano obsession. When we were dyeing Easter eggs, Gabe decided these little containers that came with the egg dye were volcanoes. No big surprise there. According to Gabe, everything, including himself, is a volcano. However, my mom being the science teacher she is, couldn't resist the opportunity to show Gabe how to make a "volcano" erupt. After all, we already had the vinegar out. All she had to get was the baking soda. And, the chaos and fun began...






And, it wasn't good enough to do it once. My mom had to create a volcano with Gabe again today so everyone else could see...



To see what everyone else in class is bringing to SHOW AND TELL, take a trip to visit the Miss Mel, Goddess of the Infertility Blogosphere.

******************************

And, don't forget to go by my Etsy shop and buy a hat to support the Liz Logelin Foundation. All the details can be found in Show & Tell post from 2 weeks ago.

20 comments:

Lollipop Goldstein said...

I love the look of excitement on his face as it bubbled over.

Michelle said...

That must have been so much fun for him....and Grandma too it seems!

AnotherDreamer said...

That is precious!!! Looks like so much fun.

(When I first started reading the post, I was remembering last one, and thinking, "Oh no, what did he say is a volcano now!" LOL!)

Candice said...

What a great Grandma. He looks so excited.

Elizabeth said...

Very cool! I like Grandma's sweatshirt too!

Erika said...

Looks like everyone involved LOVED it! How fun!

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Wow! That is so cool! My grandparents never taught me how to make volcanoes...

Arian said...

That was too much fun! I loved hearing Gabe laugh with each eruption. How could anyone not love volcanoes with a grandmother like that around?

*Tanyetta* said...

Very cool and I love her shirt :)

..al said...

Gabe has a super dooper grandmother...love love love their fun project and their togetherness!

FattyPants said...

What a neat thing to do together. Both of them seem to love it. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

That's great that grandma fed the obsessions!

Anonymous said...

What a great grandma!

Lori Lavender Luz said...

I never thought to color the lava!

I love generational stories like this. The youth get the wisdom and the elders get enthusiasm.

Malky B. said...

I remember the volcano being a popular science project in school. Nice to see your mom bond with Gabe over his favorite thing.

Shelly- Mom Files said...

look at that! What fun and what a great grandma she is!!

Jennifer said...

Your mom is so cool!! I want to make a volcano now...

Alana said...

Awesome! What a wonderful Grandma! :)

Barb said...

Very very cute! Great grandma!! :)

Hey, you can click on the song title in my post and actually hear the song if you want. I think it's pretty awesome, but that's just me. :)

Billy said...

How cool that grandma is a science teacher and can actualy show Gabe a volcano erupting!