"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Saturday, April 18, 2009

SHOW AND TELL: Juveniles R Us

Yeah, I'm talking about me, myself, and I. I have come to the conclusion that I have a very warped sense of humor because the following two things really amuse me. First, I present for your amusement, two signs here in Cary. The first sign is in my neighborhood before those bumps in the road designed to slow you down (y'all will understand why I phrase it this way after you see the second sign)...

Of course, the first time I saw it, I started laughing. Thank God neither of the older boys were in the car because I didn't want to have that discussion. It was pretty damned hysterical all on its own. And, then I saw the second sign. The second sign is in near town hall before one of those bumps in the road designed to slow you down.

It all seems perfectly normal except for the fact that it just says bump not speed bump. Then I started thinking. Why do they use two separate sings in the same town? Are they trying to tell me something about my neighbors or are they trying to tell me that the town hall staff is sexless? I don't know. You be the judge.

******************************

The second thing that really amused me this week had to do with Facebook. You know how Facebook makes friend and group suggestions based on who your friends are and what groups they've joined. Well, I clicked over to see if there was anything or anyone interesting being recommended to me. And I saw this...

Suggestions
Add people you know as friends and become a fan of public profiles you like.


At this point, I started snickering. I just couldn't help it. I mean, I am religious. I do believe in God. But for some reason this amused me...and I had to find out what the public profile said. So, I clicked over and this is what they had on God's home page...
When I saw the line "God joined Facebook" on the wall, I lost it. I was laughing so hard I was almost crying. I honestly don't know why it was so funny but I still snicker every time I think about it.

******************************

To see what everyone else in class is bringing to SHOW AND TELL, take a trip to visit the Miss Mel, Goddess of the Infertility Blogosphere.

******************************

And, don't forget to go by my Etsy shop and buy a hat to support the Liz Logelin Foundation. All the details can be found in Show & Tell post from 3 weeks ago.

******************************

Finally, to help Kym and all future Sock-It-To-Me participants, I am going to set up a sock site database. It will probably just be in a post here but the info will be available to all. Please EMAIL ME (yes, use that link...not any other email address you have for me...using this link will keep all the emails together) and give me a link to the site you bought the socks from and any review of the site you might have.

26 comments:

one-hit_wonder said...

LOL at "God joined Facebook." Thanks for the smile.

Barb said...

I think that is pretty damn funny myself. I would probably start singing "My Humps" every time I saw that sign. I LOVE word funnies. God joined facebook... priceless.

It also seems a bit underwhelming to be a "fan" of God as well. Too funny.

'Murgdan' said...

My hump, my hump, my hump...my lovely lady lumps....or however that song goes...

Ahahahha...I'd have laughed too. I'm a bit juvenile myself, don't worry.

Cara said...

I wonder what the sign maker thought?? And I can truly see you in my mind's eye doubled over in teary laughter...

It makes me smile!!!

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Well, if he's listening to Twitter feeds, you have to believe he'll want to get in on the FB action.

I laughed at hump too :-)

Delenn said...

Well, well..I guess God is everywhere, eh?!

I often find myself the only one laughing in the car over stuff like that. Humor is a great way to go through life.

areyoukiddingme said...

I love the signs...but the Facebook one is HILARIOUS!

Anonymous said...

Hilarious signs! I once thought I read a sign that said "Screwy Curve" but it actually read "Survey Crew"...I guess I shouldn't have been potsmoking that day, lol (um, totally kidding BTW).

I think I have your sense of humor too!

Emmy said...

I've laughed at a humps sign too.

I also don't know why they use different wordings to mean the same thing. On a walk in my neighborhood, I saw, "Dead End", "No Outlet" and "Not a through street." It made no sense!

Anonymous said...

God's profile on facebook. Wow I didn't know he was the technologically advanced.

Lori Lavender Luz said...

That Facebook thing cracks me up, too!

I would feel so doomed, though, if I followed God and s/he didn't follow me back.

Mrs. Gamgee said...

OMG! (sorry, no pun intended) All of that is tooooo funny! God on Facebook... hilarious!

Carrie said...

I knew my aunts and in-laws had joined facebook, so it was only a matter of time before God did!

LOL!

..al said...

...God...Hump...God.... Hump...

I was planning to say God is Great, but I passed two Ahems!

LOLOL!

Meari said...

I'm with you... Those signs are pretty funny, as is God joining FB... c'mon! LOL

AnotherDreamer said...

Well, how about that. I would have thought God would have better things to do than to join facebook, LOL.

Those road signs are hilarious and nonsensical.

Beth Kyle said...

I think I would sing 'My Humps' everytime I saw it too. Although it would have to be the Alanis Morrisette version....and God joined facebook? Wow that would make me giggle....

Alana said...

Too too funny. Thanks for the giggles.

Amy W said...

Hi Kristin! Thanks for entering the Great Cakes Soapworks giveaway at Fiddledeedee. I think you originally found me from Kari's blog - it's great to see you again! Best wishes to you!! The competition is pretty fierce in this one...

princessoftides said...

LOVE the Facebook page. That made my day :)

Taylor said...

I wonder what God's "20 things about me" would be like? LOL!!

Soralis said...

God joined facebook... I really thought he would be to busy! :)

(Good luck with the potty training.. just what you need potty nightmares)

JW Moxie said...

I'm so immature that the second I saw those two signs, I heard that old MC Hammer song "Pumps and a Bump," except I'm singing "Humps and a Bump." Classic. Thanks for posting about the database! I totally forgot to mention it on my blog, but I'll do so on my next post.

Beautiful Mess said...

Why would ANYONE want to be mature and stuffy?! Life would be so boring. I laugh every time I see the "hump" signs around our town. I think God joined Myspace, as well. He's a popular guy ;o)

Anonymous said...

oooo god's on facebook !! pfffft lol.. yep made me giggle. :)

Baby Steps said...

I'm new to your blog, but I couldn't resist commenting on this one.

My neighborhood signs used to say "Speed Hump" until some of the teenage boys wrote on them "No one hasn't 'Speed Hump'ed Sarah S."

It didn't take long for those signs to be replaced by a simple "bump".