"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Horrible Dream

I had the worst and most bizarre dream nightmare last night. I dreamt that I was hugely pregnant with my 4th child. In the dream I went to bed and when I woke up I was no longer pregnant. I had a text message from my anesthesiologist (huh?!?!?) so I assumed I had had the baby and all was well. I remember walking into a room, perhaps a nursery and thinking I saw a baby in a crib but as I got closer I found it wasn't a baby...it was Gabe in the bed. Somehow, when I fainally got in touch with my OB I found out that after I went to sleep I went fully eclamptic and they had to deliver the baby but it was too late for her. I dreamt I lost my daughter again.

It was all I could do to actually get out of bed when I actually woke up in real life.

14 comments:

JW Moxie said...

Ouch. I've had horrible nightmares like that, ones that feel so real that you have to fight to breathe when you wake up. They linger for days, years, even. (((HUGS)))

MoonNStarMommy said...

oh man :( {{{HUGE HUGE HUGS}}} Musta been the night for messed up dreams :(

Beautiful Mess said...

Oh honey, I'm so sorry! I hate those kind of dreams. I hope you're able to have a good day despite the dream.
*HUGS*

Nina said...

I've had those too. I'm glad you're ok.

Stacie said...

Aw, Kristen. That does sound horrible. Sending big hugs your way.

I have started to have nightmares again now that I have started up with the RE. Many of mine are about my time in the NICU--trying to get to my babies, but they keep moving to just out of my reach.

Carrie27 said...

Oh wow. Why do our biggest fears have to face us in our dreams?

Nit said...

What a terrible dream! That is a terrible thing to wake up to! Our subconscious is very odd.

Margaret said...

Oh sweetie what an awful nightmare. I'm sorry.

*Tanyetta* said...

My grandmother would always say:

The devil is a LIAR! The Blood of Jesus is covered in this matter!

So, I will leave you with that. As much as the nightmares are horrible to bear, please rest assure that God's plan for your life is underway, open your heart to what he has planned for you!

Sending positive vibes your way! Love ya tons and tons!

Soralis said...

Yikes that is nasty. I have had some horrible nightmares too. They definitely are not any fun.

hugs

Tammy said...

Sending you the biggest squishiest hugs ever!

Dora said...

Yikes! How horrifying! Big hug to you. Make ALL your guys hug you tight!

Bluebird said...

How terrifying!

Meari said...

I don't know what to say. :( It's just too freakily realistic.