"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Thursday, April 02, 2009

This scares the shit our of me...

At the summit, the G20, going on in London, the Russians have proposed going to a world currency. This is similar to the whole idea of Europe going to the euro. The thought of basically turning over control of our economy to someone else terrifies me. The are also talking about an international stimulus package to help the world market out of this crisis (yeah, great idea guys, look how fucking well its worked here in the US) and international regulation of banks and financial institutions. Fundamentally, I think we need to regulate the banks but I don't agree with the regulation coming from anywhere but our own government.

3 comments:

Beautiful Mess said...

AGREED!!!!

Alana said...

Wow. International $$$$...I hadn't heard about this. Thanks for sharing the article. You're right, prety freaky!

Tammy said...

I had no idea. That scares the hell out of me. Not good!