"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Monday, April 27, 2009

My Totally Useless Update

I'm participating in the Totally Useless Stitchathon. The whole purpose of this is to collect all the orts (small pieces of floss, thread, yarn, or other fibers) that you trim off your stitching projects over the year. You can collect them in the see through container of your choice and, by the end of the year, you have a colorful and possibly artistic representation of your year's activity. I think that when we get closer to the end of the year, I will buy some clear glass ornaments to put the orts in.


****************************************

I also have to show you how much my veggies grew over the weekend. This is what I came home to find...



14 comments:

JW Moxie said...

"Ort" - that's a damned fine Scrabble word!

With all the stitching that you do, you'll need a jar five times the size of the one you have pictured!

Beautiful Mess said...

That's a cool idea! I can't wait to see all of your objects in ornaments. It's going to look so cool! Great job on your veggies!

wineandroasts said...

I never realized "cling ons" had a real name! Ort. That's brilliant!

princessoftides said...

Grow, veggies, grow!

Love the ort-nament idea :)

Anonymous said...

thanks for your comment and offer on my blog!!!!!!! I've been sick as a dog and have no brain to adequately thank you. :P I would LOVE help on my layout.....will email soon!

AnotherDreamer said...

Sweet.

The plants seem to be growing nicely :)

GeekByMarriage said...

Whoa your garden is taking off! WOOOHOO! Thanks for the heads up on the glasses place!

Together We Save said...

New to your blog. Love the Harry Potter countdaown.

tireegal68 said...

Happy ICLW week. thanks for visiting my blog. I just read your fertility history on your jan iclw summary. Wow. that must have been so hard to get through. I like your word for kids ( hellions!)
I love the look of your blog:)

Anonymous said...

Both of these things show incremental change in beautiful ways. You amaze me with your energy.

Lucky Jones said...

What a neat idea! I love the thought of putting the scraps into an ornament :)

Thanks so much for visiting my blog :) Aren't my doggies adorable?

Soralis said...

What a cool idea... I can't wait to see your Jar at the end of the year!

Meari said...

Wow, your plants have grown quite a bit since the last pic!

NHStitcher said...

Neat idea with the orts!