"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

1-800-GypsiesRUs

Tonight, I think I would have given my children away to the first passing band of gypsies. No, scratch that, I would have paid a passing band of gypsies to take them. Joey took over an hour and a half to do a piece of homework that should have taken him 30 minutes in a worst case scenario. What could possibly have been so difficult...alphabetizing 12 words. That's right. All he had to do was alphabetize 12 fucking words and write 5 sentences. Grrrrr...he hates to do it so he argues, bitches, moans, and kvetches every time. I tell him to number them in order before he starts to write the list out and he NEVER fails to ignore that. Then he acts like someone has commited a heinous crime against him when he has to erase the list and fix it. He got cub scouts taken away from him tonight and was in bed by 8 pm.

And, then there was Gabe. Sweet faced, sweet tempered little Gabe was a hellion tonight. He has hit that bossy, 4 year old stage about 8 months early. And, when he gets tired, he even thinks he can tell me what to do. He's got another thing coming. He was ignoring me, climbing things, and beating on his brothers. I told him to stop climbing things and jumping at his brothers. I told him if he didn't stop, he was going striaght to bed. Do you think he stopped? Hell no! So I grabbed him, told him it was bedtime because he didn't listen and he promptly burst into tears.

Life got much better after 8:05 pm when both the younger boys were in bed and out of my hair.

Time for a glass of Pinot Grigio.

13 comments:

GeekByMarriage said...

I hear you on the ABC order NIGHTMARE!

Seth does the same crap to me every day. Would take 10 minutes if he didn't bitch for 2 hours.

*le sigh*

ICLW

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, the realities of parenting...enjoy some pinot grigio for me.

Thanks for always having such kind words for me on my blog. They mean more than you can know.

Joe said...

hehe sounds like your day was stressful, thus is motherhood, so worth it though

rys said...

Hey Joey! I before E except after C! No wait...scratch that...

Hillary said...

lol, I have tutored kids and can relate to that utter frustration! I hope your glass of wine helped :)

ICLW

Bean said...

hey now, whatcha got against gypsies?!

Emma said...

I know those days!

We have been having homework drama in our house too. I don't think there is an easy solution. But early bedtimes certainly help :)

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

I hear you ...you are just braver because you say it out loud !
My little ferals ...won't go to sleep till so late.

hi, I am visiting from ICLW...No. 35 to say hello and to check out your blog.
My Little Drummer Boys

Carrie27 said...

Last night seems to have been a rough night for more then one person.

Hopefully, tonight's homework will be "less challenging."

Shelly- Mom Files said...

lol at the gypsies thing! I guess kids make us feel that way some days. Wine is a good fix ;)

starky said...

Aww! My mother used to threaten to give me to the Jehovah's Witnesses. She'd pack my bag and everything!

The Captain's Wife said...

When Kira has her "off" days we are always joking around that we would "have to pay gypsy's" to take her....but we wouldn't give her away/ sell her/ trade her for the world. Can you believe one of my friends thought we were for real? She's probably one of the ones that keeps your hubby employeed too!

The Captain's Wife said...

I meant to end with ICLW!